Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Running P3Dv3 at 30Hz. - any damage?

Interesting. Is there a specific trick to set the U3415W @30Hz via DisplayPort ? The only way I succeed in setting it @30Mz via nvidia was via HDMI (and then sees more shimering).

I used the NVidia Control Panel to set a custom resolution of 3440x1440 @30Hz (with all the timings etc at auto), and that works:) I haven´t tested it over HDMI, only on the Mini DisplayPort, and the full grown DisplayPort. 

Correction for  my post #6

refresh rate  in  Nividia control panel , custom res  is at  25 hz , Nvidia inspector only setting is  FPS limited to  27

NO stutters 

extremely happy

50% traffic .

VGA port

I used the NVidia Control Panel to set a custom resolution of 3440x1440 @30Hz (with all the timings etc at auto), and that works:) I haven´t tested it over HDMI, only on the Mini DisplayPort, and the full grown DisplayPort. 

I have the same monitor. Would you mind sharing all of the exact setting you changed/setup for your custom resolution so I can copy :) 

thanks 

Dave

I have the same monitor. Would you mind sharing all of the exact setting you changed/setup for your custom resolution so I can copy :) 

thanks 

Dave

That is an old post... are you expecting a reply from a 6 month old conversation? Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

That is an old post... are you expecting a reply from a 6 month old conversation? Interesting.

Better than starting a new thread and wasting server space when the same thing can simply be answered here!  Where its relevant 

I would like to bring back that topic; not to open a new thread. To all of you having a U3415W ... what are your settings to run smooth. Because I have the same two issues @kristolz reported:

Panning in VC and movement of the mouse are very laggy.

Thanks for any input.

30 Hz is great especially if you can maintain >= 30 fps !

I have the Samsung 4K TV  UN40KU6300 which can run at 30 Hz no lag or issues.

My set-up is Unlimited - Triple Buffering On - Vsync On   because I can maintain over 30 fps so this works well.

Nvidia Inspector settings - Preferred Max Performance - Overide any app setting - 4x SGSS 

Here's a spreadsheet of my complete settings 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wum2no6ku6krcmm/P3D-AS16-ASCA%20Settings%20Chart.xlsx?dl=0

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for offering your settings, Joe. I'll take a deeper look at it and compare it with my settings. Interesting as we have a comparable Hardware.

30 Hz is really great and as I can maintain >= 30 fps it's a smooth experience.

Except the two issues I have. Laggy mouse and laggy panning. And I have no idea what is causing this.

fernandinho

@Joe

I compared your settings with mine (they are very similar) and made some adjustments.

But I can't find a solution for my laggy mouse and panning. Maybe a problem of the monitor?!

So those settings work good for 4K, Interesting I must try this myself thanks for sharing those settings

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

30 Hz is great especially if you can maintain >= 30 fps !

I have the Samsung 4K TV  UN40KU6300 which can run at 30 Hz no lag or issues.

My set-up is Unlimited - Triple Buffering On - Vsync On   because I can maintain over 30 fps so this works well.

Nvidia Inspector settings - Preferred Max Performance - Overide any app setting - 4x SGSS 

Here's a spreadsheet of my complete settings 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wum2no6ku6krcmm/P3D-AS16-ASCA%20Settings%20Chart.xlsx?dl=0

Joe

I have a NEC 4K monitor (EA244UHD) and 4x SGSS it's useless, only MSAA 8x in P3D.

It will depend on the monitor being used ... 30Hz is fine for desktop with the right monitor ... I code 14 hour days on a 4K monitor at 30hz.  I'm partial to Sony.

Cheers, Rob.

Works perfect here on my 30inch NEC.

Dirk.

I have a NEC 4K monitor (EA244UHD) and 4x SGSS it's useless, only MSAA 8x in P3D.

It can depend on the monitor but also make sure if you're using 4x SGSS in NI that you have P3D set to 4 MSAA, if you are truly using 8X in P3D that would require 8X in Nvidia Inspector and I believe it would bring most if not all systems to a crawl.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Can anyone find a solution for the extremely laggy panning issue ? Smoothnes and flow of the frames perfect even with high settings but while panning in the cockpit it's a huge pain for me. 

• Upvote 1

Faruk IŞIK