Hey folks as the title says, I'm looking for a mid to high end yoke.  I have a Saitek yoke now for about a year or so and its ok.  I'm looking for something thats smoother and maybe no huge detent in the middle as this one has.  Trying to stick landings where the yoke feels like it borderline gets stuck in the middle is getting a little old.  I think even my CH yoke was much smoother than this one.  Only reason I replaced it was the table mount was pretty terrible and starting to break.  What's everyone using out there?

PS - realized I left out the budget - I con't mind dropping some coin for a long lasting quality yoke but I'd prefer to not spend over $500 USD.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

PS - realized I left out the budget - I con't mind dropping some coin for a long lasting quality yoke but I'd prefer to not spend over $500 USD.

I think you will be constrained by your budget. At that price the only things that come to mind are the VR Insight Flight Master II and the PFC Beech Cirrus yoke. (And the latter is probably over $500.) The Saitek Cessna yoke is better than the regular Pro Flight but it still has the centre detents.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I have found the CH Eclipse very good. The movement is much smoother than the earlier version and does not snap back to centre as sharply as the Saitek yokes.

CH Yoke is still my favorite, and yes, you have to remember to treat the clamps with care..

Bert

Happy CH customer since game port days - quality products at reasonable prices...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I think you will be constrained by your budget. At that price the only things that come to mind are the VR Insight Flight Master II and the PFC Beech Cirrus yoke. (And the latter is probably over $500.) The Saitek Cessna yoke is better than the regular Pro Flight but it still has the centre detents.

I see there's no happy medium range for yokes lol. Seems it's 200ish or 1k. I may give my ch a go again and see if I can fabricate a better mount. It's probably 10 years old but just as smooth as day 1.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

If you want high end go here.

http://www.beh.ch/CLS-Economy-Yoke.200.0.html?&L=4

This thing looks incredible. There is a video on Youtube comparing it to the Kickstarter Iris yoke and it wins hands down.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I see there's no happy medium range for yokes lol. Seems it's 200ish or 1k. I may give my ch a go again and see if I can fabricate a better mount. It's probably 10 years old but just as smooth as day 1.

Yes, there's nothing really 'mid-range'. The engineering of the CH internals is way better than either of the Saiteks. The only issue I have is that having left my Eclipse in the loft for a couple of years the shaft had unaccountably become less free-sliding. I could not see any good reason for this and didn't try lubricating it beyond dusting with a bit of graphite powder (not much help). I have since destroyed it to re-use the handle on my (gasp) Iris Dynamics FFB yoke, which I have just received after waiting for two years!

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Looking at PFC yokes - what is the actual difference between the 737 yoke (which I fly the most) and the beech yokes?  I can't really tell a difference except for yoke design.  How does PFC compare to Yoko the Yoke?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Recently went with the Cirrus Beech yoke, very satisfied with the quality of the hardware and how it feels in use.What I like is the ability to make precise control inputs in the pitch and roll axis that in my experience was the most frustrating complaint I had with the lower cost alternatives.If you can get over the sticker shock, it would most likely be the last yoke you will ever need.

Gary Stewart

Recently went with the Cirrus Beech yoke, very satisfied with the quality of the hardware and how it feels in use.What I like is the ability to make precise control inputs in the pitch and roll axis that in my experience was the most frustrating complaint I had with the lower cost alternatives.If you can get over the sticker shock, it would most likely be the last yoke you will ever need.

Is there a noticeable detent for center? The one on my Saitek is devastating lol. Makes finessing landing extremely difficult.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Interested in this thread ... my Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke just gave up the ghost (the 180 degree version) ... pulled it apart looking for any wiring issues but found none.  Tested the Yoke on 3 computers and it sometimes works, sometimes has a delay, sometimes looks like it's recognized but NO input registers ... very bizarre.

Anyway, I'm in the market also ... but after doing some research/calls it seems (other than CH Eclipse) getting a Yoke to my house is going to be a 60-90 day delay (even just replacing my existing Saitek - is Saitek going out of business or shifting business?)

The two yokes I've narrowed it down to are:

1.  PFC (Saab or Beech)

2.  GoFlight

But availability issues means I'll probably have to buy a cheaper yoke to hold me over - 90 days without flight simming, not sure I can handle that ;)

s there a noticeable detent for center? The one on my Saitek is devastating lol. Makes finessing landing extremely difficult.

My Saitek Cessna Pro Flight yoke has no center detent -- after pulling it apart the internals are actually pretty good for a $200 yoke (certainly better than my CH yoke) and full 180 degree support.  More range = more precision.

Cheers, Rob.

Interested in this thread ... my Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Yoke just gave up the ghost (the 180 degree version) ... pulled it apart looking for any wiring issues but found none.  Tested the Yoke on 3 computers and it sometimes works, sometimes has a delay, sometimes looks like it's recognized but NO input registers ... very bizarre.

Anyway, I'm in the market also ... but after doing some research/calls it seems (other than CH Eclipse) getting a Yoke to my house is going to be a 60-90 day delay (even just replacing my existing Saitek - is Saitek going out of business or shifting business?)

The two yokes I've narrowed it down to are:

1.  PFC (Saab or Beech)

2.  GoFlight

But availability issues means I'll probably have to buy a cheaper yoke to hold me over - 90 days without flight simming, not sure I can handle that ;)

My Saitek Cessna Pro Flight yoke has no center detent -- after pulling it apart the internals are actually pretty good for a $200 yoke (certainly better than my CH yoke) and full 180 degree support.  More range = more precision.

Cheers, Rob.

I considered the goflight but reviews I read most people weren't impressed with it especially at the price point. Froogle has a pretty good review up on his YouTube channel. I don't feel he was impressed with it, especially compared to his Yoko the yoke review.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Hi Chris,

Agree, some of the reviews for the GF Yoke are less than enthusiastic.  

That Yoko yoke does look interesting also ... thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers, Rob.