Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Super Cool West Coast Cruising 1970 Style!

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice west coast cruising era 1970 style from KSJC Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport three miles northwest of downtown San Jose, California to KEUG Eugene Airport 7 miles northwest of Eugene, Oregon

Starting engines!!

hw1_zpsfikjso43.jpg

Taxiing to short of runway 30R via taxiway Z

hw2_zpsqpclr8um.jpg

Holding short of runway 30R awaiting for clearance for take off

hw3_zpsmntkz2wk.jpg

Take off clearance is granted as the plane entered into runway for take off

hw4_zpsokltnrmv.jpg

All of you would say wait a minute you are going wrong way to south instead of north but I had received orders from airport contrllers to go to heading 180 after take off from runway 30R because they did not want me to take off to head to overcrowded and busy San Francisco air space full of many planes or otherwise the controllers would as in their own words lose their jobs so here is view of the plane passing the airport of departure heading southward on climb to FL310

hw5_zpsofjnvlww.jpg

After reaching safe altitude, time to make 180 degree turn to NORTHWARD with background view of Calero County park and Almaden Reservoir in front of the plane nose and Guadalupe Reservior located upper left of the screenshot.

hw6_zpsa8jbcdaz.jpg

Passing Boulder Ridge Golf Club located under left wing and you can see in front of the plane's nose the intersection of two highway route numbers 85 and 87

hw7_zpsssbgmyx8.jpg

Passing Campbell suburb of San Jose

hw8_zpsjafos9ch.jpg

Passing airport of departure

hw9_zpshrro85b3.jpg

Passing KNUQ Moffett Federal Airfield located in Santa Clara County between southern Mountain View and northern Sunnyvale (yep home of Buffy the Slayer), California where you can see world's most famous hangar called Hangar One on ground of the airport that is now owned by Google.

hw10knuq_zpslixhg44c.jpg

Passing highway bridge route number 84 where you can see on upper left corner of screenshot a park called Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife

hw12sfo_zps2hep5c7r.jpg

Passing KSFO San Francisco International Airport located 13 miles south of downtown San Francisco

hw11ksfo_zpsu0muwase.jpg

hw13_zpsanijzqev.jpg

Passing KOAK Oakland International Airport located five miles south of downtown Oakland

hw14oak_zpsr53obzic.jpg

Passing one of world's most recognizable bridges called Golden State Bridge

hw15_zpswp0lkbub.jpg

Passing waters of Gulf of the Farallones off the west coast north of San Francisco

hw16_zpsdoyqb88u.jpg

Cruising at FL310

hw17_zpsxkbshkdm.jpg

Making little right turn toward Oregon

hw18_zpsbplchp4j.jpg

hw19_zpssspf8t3z.jpg

Although the plane was heading inside Oregon, passengers on left window side still could see nice view of the west coast

hw20_zpskdy2fp3k.jpg

Because of regulations not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink below to view rest of the exciting flight.

Here is the link: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/43484-super-cool-west-coast-cruising-1970-style/

Thank you for viewing.  Stay tuned for next exciting flight!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Nice!  Bringing back those memories.  All we need is to throw in is a little AirCal and Western Airlines into the mix and I'll get my "Angelflights" pants and "Members Only" jacket back on! :Tounge:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Great looking flight details...love the Bay area!

HLJAMES

Clutchcargo, HLJames, Comanche, and FDX777,

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg