Sign in to follow this  
Guest JF737WN

lost UPS packages?

hey,Has anyone ever had any problems with UPS losing a package? I had a digital camera that was due to be delivered today but it never showed up and when I called customer service they fed me this "The driver may just be running late, the package has not returned to the sorting facility so it should be on the delivery truck" :-roll . The tracking information shows it was last scanned in a city 60 miles away from where I live lastnight. It may be to early to be worrying about the package possibly being lost but I paid almost 600 dollars for the camera. Anyone had similar experiences with UPS? They have always been on time when Ive used them but not now and I'm hoping it wasen't stolen by an employee or something like that. As of a couple minutes ago the tracking information no longer shows a scheduled delivery date (which was September 24th). I'll most likely end up calling both the shipper and UPS all day tommorow until I get some sort of an answer and not the run around lol.Andrew

If the scheduled delivery date is for the 24th, I would definitely add +/- a day to that. Anything could happen to delay it. Unless you paid overnight or first class whatever shipping, don't worry just yet ;)When my camera came via FedEx, it was in a sorting facility 20 minutes away from me for two days!My two cents anyway ;)--Jason

Apperently it may have been lost, just called UPS and they basically told me they no longer know where it is and that I should call the shipper so they'll launch a lost package investigation. WOW way to go ups! :-roll Atleast they didin't try to find a way to somehow blame the customer for all this.Andrew

Andrew... I don't have any ideas on what to do but i just wanted to wish you luck in getting this solved and getting your camera. Keep us updated, I'm interested in knowing how this progresses.

Guest Captain Barfbag

Why won't UPS let YOU launch the lost package investigation? After all, it's your package. The shipper is less interested in finding the package than you are. Of course, you should let them know, but I'm surprised that UPS is making you go through the shipper before starting to look for this thing.If nothing turns up, I hope you paid with a credit card. Most of them will let you "dispute" the charge.If this happened to me, I'd delete all my UPS repaints and change all my AI traffic over to FedEx. That'll show 'em!

I worked for UPS for a little while and lost packages do happen. The problem is the shipper is responsible for all communications with UPS. I think this is primarily because they hold the receipt and there is no way that they can verify (especially with a lost package) that you are indeed the intended recipient.Lost packages don't happen all that often unless they are small enough to get down in between rollers or the belts, but I am surprised that they aren't looking for it in the last scanned stop. It is kind of tough to lose a package when it is scanned almost every step of the way. It is scanned when it is unloaded from a truck and scanned again when it is loaded on to another truck. Then the entire truck is scanned as a whole before it leaves and when it enters again. There are a few operations in between, especially when it is possible the package has to travel the entire length of a 10,000 sq ft building on a bunch of belts.Unfortunately it does happen, and I am sure it will show up eventually. UPS runs a pretty tight ship. They have to with the amount of pieces that run through a hub in a day/night. Definitely get in touch with the shipper and let them know what happened. Hopefully it won't take too long from there. I have had a TON of stuff shipped to and from me through UPS and I have only had one get misplaced, and it was delivered personally by the hub manager when they finally found it. Don't lose too much faith yet, I know what it is like to be impatient when you are used to things being there when they are supposed to be.Craig

A nice lady at the local UPS (distribution center?) gave me a call this morning saying they found it and that it had arrived early this morning. (Which was nice considering how many packages they handle I woulden't think theyd take the time to call) Camera showed up on my doorstep this afternoon. :D I'm glad they were able to get it to me, next time I'll pay for something more than ground, less chance of it getting lost or delayed lol.Andrew

I work for DHL... I coulda told ya that UPS would lose your package! :-)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest JF737WN

I must say I've never had a problem ever with UPS losing my package. In fact, they're about the only ones I will trust with my package. Both FedEx and DHL have both had something go wrong (DHL being the worst).We also have a very friendly UPS driver in our area, makes it ten times better! :)Oh and to follow up with Mark's previous post, I am too a flyer for UPS VAC..UPS628 :)