Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X: Affirm please problem?

Whenever I forget to acknowledge something ProATC asks if I heard him or her: Affirm please. I noticed I cannot simply say Yes by pressing 2: I first have to say Say again, listen to ATC once more and only then I can confirm. Shouldn't it be possible to simply confirm right after hearing Affirm please? Do others have this same (small) issue?

I asked this on the ProATC forum but I won't get any support over there because I don't want to post my real full name on the forum. (So if you plan on buying this addon take note that in order to receive support your full name has to be made known for all the world to see, even when you are a verified ProATC customer and user!)

Whenever I forget to acknowledge something ProATC asks if I heard him or her: Affirm please. I noticed I cannot simply say Yes by pressing 2: I first have to say Say again, listen to ATC once more and only then I can confirm. Shouldn't it be possible to simply confirm right after hearing Affirm please? Do others have this same (small) issue?

I asked this on the ProATC forum but I won't get any support over there because I don't want to post my real full name on the forum. (So if you plan on buying this addon take note that in order to receive support your full name has to be made known for all the world to see, even when you are a verified ProATC customer and user!)

Many forums  require your full name, even on Avsim like the PMDG forum for instance. Stops the Trolls. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Many forums  require your full name, even on Avsim like the PMDG forum for instance. Stops the Trolls. 

I know but I don't do business with PMDG. And I am no troll. In fact, in order to become a verified user on the ProATC forum and to have actual access to the support forums you have to submit all your order details so they KNOW who I am! I'd say that's enough to keep the trolls out. I also don't mind posting order numbers like on the Orbx forum. But I simply don't like to post my full name on the internet if I can prevent it. So for me this means no support from ProATC. Or any company that requires this. Luckily I am no fan of PMDG.

But anyway, does anyone recognize the Affirm please 'problem'? I would like to know if there is something wrong on my end or not.

You can avoid "affirm problems" when you activate in Copilot Support : 'Contact controllers' , 'Confirm instructions' and 'Serve com and nav radio',

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You can avoid "affirm problems" when you activate in Copilot Support : 'Contact controllers' , 'Confirm instructions' and 'Serve com and nav radio',

Thanks for the tip but that takes all of the fun out of the addon. :wink: I like to do all that myself. In that case I rather say Say again, listen to the instructions once more and then affirm.

Jeroen, ProATC only works properly at the moment if you let the Co-Pilot handle the Comms, otherwise you will get stuck in the loop you are experiencing.

This was reported many months ago, and is the reason I cannot currently use the software as I do enjoy tuning the radio's myself with my Goflight gear.

The Developer as usual stays silent.

Hmmmm, odd, I don't get stuck in a loop, luckily. After pressing 3 for Say again everything goes well. I am using ProATC every day and without any real problems: the software is working perfectly fine here and I actually am very happy with it. It's just that I thought you should be able to press 2 (to affirm) right after hearing Affirm please. That's all. It's just annoying I have to listen to ATC all over again before I can affirm.

I have none of the copilot options activated. Maybe your problems have to do with the Goflight gear...? Again, apart from the Affirm please problem everything works great here. Maybe you should give the latest version another try?

Jeroen, ProATC only works properly at the moment if you let the Co-Pilot handle the Comms, otherwise you will get stuck in the loop you are experiencing.

This was reported many months ago, and is the reason I cannot currently use the software as I do enjoy tuning the radio's myself with my Goflight gear.

The Developer as usual stays silent.

There is constant feedback on the forum regarding problems. The moderators are in constant touch with the developer. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

But anyway, does anyone recognize the Affirm please 'problem'? I would like to know if there is something wrong on my end or not.

It's been reported by many folks on the forum already, myself included, and the answer is that, yes, they are aware of it and it is in hand. There are a lot of fixes pending this year's hoped for and much anticipated release, but there's no known date for it. It'll be released "when ready".

Meanwhile, to avoid getting the problem whilst still tuning radios yourself, just be sure to acknowledge quickly. I've assigned a button on my Yoke for this purpose and it is now pretty much automatic for me to do this.  with the copilot reading back the instructions too you get the detils a second time and can double check you have them right.

On the name thing, I've always been bemused why so many folks want to hide behind invented on-line names. Why is that? I can understand for things which might lead to some sort of insecurity, but a person's name? Makes no sense to me.

Pete

(aka Pete Dowson, real name).

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

It's been reported by many folks on the forum already, myself included, and the answer is that, yes, they are aware of it and it is in hand. There are a lot of fixes pending this year's hoped for and much anticipated release, but there's no known date for it. It'll be released "when ready".

Meanwhile, to avoid getting the problem whilst still tuning radios yourself, just be sure to acknowledge quickly. I've assigned a button on my Yoke for this purpose and it is now pretty much automatic for me to do this.  with the copilot reading back the instructions too you get the detils a second time and can double check you have them right.

On the name thing, I've always been bemused why so many folks want to hide behind invented on-line names. Why is that? I can understand for things which might lead to some sort of insecurity, but a person's name? Makes no sense to me.

Pete

(aka Pete Dowson, real name).

Well there is something as privacy Pete the Internet is not always a friendly place as it was used to be, so I understand the need ;-)

From a company perspective you could have two names one real and a display name on the forum ;-)

Find the request not from this time and age...

André

Well there is something as privacy Pete the Internet is not always a friendly place as it was used to be, so I understand the need ;-)

I know, but your name? What's in a name?

Pete

I know, but your name? What's in a name?

Pete

They can do a lot with a complete name ;-) certainly from a public forum... I would offer the option to choose ;-)

Did you already updated FSUIPC with your great idea for AM?

Amazing FSUIPC asked myself the question what was my first version: FSUIPC3 from 2003 I believe.

Thank you Pete for a great tool which changed FS in many ways...

André

They can do a lot with a complete name ;-) certainly from a public forum...

I must be in deep trouble then. I've never invented a different name.

Did you already updated FSUIPC with your great idea for AM?

Yes, 4.949k was released on Sunday.

Pete

I have none of the copilot options activated. Maybe your problems have to do with the Goflight gear...? Again, apart from the Affirm please problem everything works great here. Maybe you should give the latest version another try?

The Goflight radio's are not the problem, the problem is with ProATC.

The developer is aware, or should be if he actually reads his forum but so far almost a year later there is still no fix.

I simply cannot understand why the developer is happy to stand by whilst his customers struggle with these bugs and not even bother to communicate his intentions, at least give an estimate as to when a fix might arrive.

So I have given up on the latest version but will try the next version whenever it actually gets released and hope that it works better, although I find that VoxATC offers a better ATC experience all round, has realistic ATC phraseology and also offers dynamically assigned sids and stars which seem to be the big selling point for ProATC and it also has full control of it's own Ai plus it can Handle VFR properly as well.

There is another ATC programme lol where the support site doesn't require you to sign in in with your full personal details. Since release in late February it is now on version 3.1.3. Many user suggestions have been incorporated and other bugs fixed. And one user has added a mod to make some of the SID/STAR features more random. Support is top notch as it has always been.