Sign in to follow this  

ProATC/X: Affirm please problem?

There is another ATC programme lol where the support site doesn't require you to sign in in with your full personal details.

And amazingly the Developer even engages with his customers, something the ProATC Dev could learn and possibly benefit from.

Hi Pete,

On the name thing, I've always been bemused why so many folks want to hide behind invented

on-line names. Why is that? I can understand for things which might lead to some sort of

insecurity, but a person's name? Makes no sense to me.

That depends on your personal situation. I have exactly the same concerns as Jeroen. My family

name is pretty unique, so information about me pops up right on top if you google it.

Furthermore, I am working in a profession where some colleagues think

that you should devote 100% of your time to your job. Any sign of an activity outside of

my job could perceived as insufficient commitment. Don't get me wrong, I love my job

and I work much more than the usual 40 hours per week, but I don't spend 14 hours every day

on it. Some people would expect that, and unfortunately those people decide about my budget.

Peter

One only has to put one's avatar name into google and be surprised how many times an entry comes up! If it's your real name than all a hacker has to do is do a search using your name in a not well protected website and hey presto your identity, bank details, email contacts the lot! My name in my email address is as far as I dare.

One only has to put one's avatar name into google and be surprised how many times an entry comes up! If it's your real name than all a hacker has to do is do a search using your name in a not well protected website and hey presto your identity, bank details, email contacts the lot! My name in my email address is as far as I dare.

Best way to guarantee that your identity will be securely hidden, is don't go on line. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310