Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

ASN fps drop in dense clouds.

Hey guys

So I had just finished a flight from Vancouver to Toronto in the pmdg 777

Now I have not encountered this problem before.

Fps was dropping from 30 to 22 stuttering through dense clouds on the Toronto area on approach.

I am using 4x sgss with 3 cloud layers and mod settings in ASN

Once flight was finished I closed and fired up p3d again without asn and set up weather scenario with dense clouds and flew into it and I ha no fps drop whatsoever.

Your replies are appreciated..

Thanks

Mike

I noticed this right after the latest update. I dropped to 12fps at one point. I assumed it was my old 670 churning to stay above water. I lowered SGSS to 2x and played around with sliders to get a good 30fps again. I understand I'm not going to get much with my system, but 12fps is ridiculous with a relatively mid-tier setup and most settings at a medium level.

I noticed this right after the latest update. I dropped to 12fps at one point. I assumed it was my old 670 churning to stay above water. I lowered SGSS to 2x and played around with sliders to get a good 30fps again. I understand I'm not going to get much with my system, but 12fps is ridiculous with a relatively mid-tier setup and most settings at a medium level.

I think it may be the update 5921

. I thought maybe updates running in background but nothing was running and I have automatic updates switched off.

I ran a scan also for anything malicious, nothing.

And I am running 2 Titans sc in sli

I'm baffled

I noticed that ASN is using more and more cpu cycles the longer the flight. When I load the situation, ASN is using 0%, after half an hour of flight, that number wioll go to 4-5%, with very nasty induced stutters. Right now I'm fed with it, back to OpusFSI. Can't imagine what situation will be after an hour or two long flight with ASN?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Since I just completed a 4 hour flight with ASN in heavy weather, I can say I had no problems at all. If you're getting strange results, I suggest opening a ticket at Hifi - they have excellent support and will usually ytrack down the problem quickly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I downloaded the patch yesterday and didn't notice a FPS loss, It was clouded/rainy but not completely overcast.

I downloaded the patch yesterday and didn't notice a FPS loss, It was clouded/rainy but not completely overcast.

There's another patch?

There's another patch?

Been a couple in the last few days, for P3D current version is B5921

Since I just completed a 4 hour flight with ASN in heavy weather, I can say I had no problems at all. If you're getting strange results, I suggest opening a ticket at Hifi - they have excellent support and will usually ytrack down the problem quickly.Vic

Interesting with your results.

Will submit a ticket also.

But will investigate a little further in my system also.

Cheers

Mike

Use ASN on all my VA flights, now on P3D V 3.2, and ASN 5921.  No FPS problems at all even in heavy weather.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I don't think I ha e the latest. Will check when I get home though.

Hey guys

So I had just finished a flight from Vancouver to Toronto in the pmdg 777

Now I have not encountered this problem before.

Fps was dropping from 30 to 22 stuttering through dense clouds on the Toronto area on approach.

I am using 4x sgss with 3 cloud layers and mod settings in ASN

Once flight was finished I closed and fired up p3d again without asn and set up weather scenario with dense clouds and flew into it and I ha no fps drop whatsoever.

Your replies are appreciated..

Thanks

Mike

It could be something different with ASN one of the effects can bring down the FPS like microburst windshear etc...

André

It could be something different with ASN one of the effects can bring down the FPS like microburst windshear etc...

That is probably what I had the other day, while on approach to PAYA RWY 11 in stormy weather.

Right after the DME arc my "little" T182 started to act like a rocking chair with a broken leg. Up and Down, Sideways, etc.

Too bad the GTN750 does not connect to ASN, or I would have heard a warning, I don't have the ASN gauge in that plane. It would have been nice to hear the Aural warning.

I'm stumped, I haven't changed my settings at all and had worked flawlessly before.

It happened at around 70nm out fl310 heavy clouds.

I don't know I guess something was running in background.

My GPUs weren't hot at 60c and cpu at 50

Mike

This also was a brand new problem for me as well since the last patch. I was confused as to why it was happening and looked back at my settings in sim to try and fix it. I never had drops like that before but in cloudy weather my sim goes from 30 fps down to about 12. Very confusing. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson