Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

ASN fps drop in dense clouds.

I can confirm there is something definitely up with the latest patch for ASN. my frames are really dumping like some other people are saying.... sometimes i am going as low as 15fps....there is definitely something going on here.

Thanks

Wayne George

Maybe it's the nvidia driver I have 364.51

I dunno fps are getting pounded sitting on runway from 30 to 16 and up again

I guess others are having same issue it must be the patch?

I would love to hear others that  have some older nvidia driver. I'm on 361.75 and I have huge drops with dense clouds with or without ASN.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Just doing a test flight out of Cyyz and its raining

And showing little to nothing on radar

I don't know what's going on

This has never happened before

Darn it lol

You guys are all reporting using SGSS right? I have never been able to use SGSS with P3D and get a good FPS. Try turning it off and instead use DSR with P3D anti aliasing

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

You guys are all reporting using SGSS right? I have never been able to use SGSS with P3D and get a good FPS. Try turning it off and instead use DSR with P3D anti aliasing

Mate I have been using 4xsgss since fsx .

And running 2 Titans sc In sli with a well balanced sim and minor tweaks.

I have been smashing through payware addons and weather.

It's the 5921 update never had this issue prior

Not sure if this is related to asn but I turn wx on both captain and fo pfd

And precipitation is only showing up on captains side

Thanks for the video mate

Cheers

Mike

I'm running a single 980Ti and not having any issues with frames in heavy overcast conditions with high settings.

But I do not run SGSS as I use a 4K monitor so its not needed.

I would try what Warriorpilot suggested just for one flight to see if it changes the issues.  You can always revert back if its not.

Also check your maximum upper visibility distance as anything over 100 will tank the frames, especially in heavy cloud conditions.  I keep mine at 100.

Sean Green

I'm running a single 980Ti and not having any issues with frames in heavy overcast conditions with high settings.

But I do not run SGSS as I use a 4K monitor so its not needed.

I would try what Warriorpilot suggested just for one flight to see if it changes the issues.  You can always revert back if its not.

Also check your maximum upper visibility distance as anything over 100 will tank the frames, especially in heavy cloud conditions.  I keep mine at 100.

Hey mate

I have tried without 4xsgss and still persists

I am set at 90 settings have not changed at all and was working flawlessly with previous updates

I'm stumped how it's fine for some and some of us are not so lucky.

Cheers

Mike

Are you running REX?

If you have a backup or the original textures you could try to reload original to see.  I have also read that REX changed the width of the clouds in the cloud.fx file to minimize the issue of Popcorn clouds.  Maybe with the change in width it is having an effect on your FPS.  If you have a backup of your origianal cloud.fx file you could load it to see if that helps.

I personally do not use REX (except for Soft Clouds) for any textures so that may be the difference in the systems.

I made a backup of my cloud.fx file before installing Soft Clouds for P3D that way any changes made I can restore the original file.  I'm not too keen on 3rd party companies making changes to core sim files so I always back up all important system files.

Sean Green

I'm willing to try this, but last time I tried DSR 2x 33% smoothness, it made everything all blurry looking. Do I not up the resolution as well or what?

DSR 2x 33% smoothness

When I was using DSR I always ran with smoothness at 0-5.  It helps sharpen up the image; at least on my system it did. 

Sean Green

No FPS issues here with 364.51 and no SGSS in P3Dv3.2 . Tried 8xMSAA and 4xMSAA in P3D but cant see that much differents.

I am quiet happy with 3.2

If i have to point something out it could be those long frames from time to time during touchdown and landing. Not quiet sure why.

It can kill the speed and emmersion down the runway. I think its related to building shadows in some scenerys (like RPLL) but not sure.

Any one else seeing this?

Michael moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi guys,

I'm definitely seeing a major FPS hit with the latest ASN beta. Running the latest Nvidia drivers on a 980GTX without SGSS (in fact without any AA at all on a 4k panel) and cloudy conditions are resulting in maxed out GPU usage (in a way I was only able to achieve with bonkers high AA settings in the past). I've tried both REX and P3D default cloud textures and the result is the same...

MJ

Hi guys,

I'm definitely seeing a major FPS hit with the latest ASN beta. Running the latest Nvidia drivers on a 980GTX without SGSS (in fact without any AA at all on a 4k panel) and cloudy conditions are resulting in maxed out GPU usage (in a way I was only able to achieve with bonkers high AA settings in the past). I've tried both REX and P3D default cloud textures and the result is the same...

MJ

I am not using the latest Beta from ASN. Could be ASN ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png