Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

heading playback

First I must say that all the FS2crew products are outstanding.  I am only having one real problem and that is the heading during checklists.  For example in my preflight checklist in my 737 reboot and 777 when I say the heading it is completely wrong.  I said heading 240 and altimeter 29.91.  It of course read back the altimeter correctly but said heading 160 or 350 as 145.  They don't sound anything alike.  Is there an issue with this and a fix?  I am trying to record a video to share with my friends and it sound funny when I say heading 350 and the FO replies back 145.  Thank you.

Josh Scholl

Hi Josh,

You're probably reading back Heading as entered in the MCP whereas the expected response is the heading of the aircraft (since it's an instrument check) if I'm guessing the checklist properly.

Only "MCP" Heading in the checklist would use the MCP heading.

Cheers,

So if I entered the heading into the MCP, shouldn't that be the heading read back to me?

Josh Scholl

Not during the flight instrument cross check.

Usually there are two headings read back during the checklists:

First one is usually a flight instrument check... the heading of the aircraft on the PFD.

Second one is usually the MCP heading.... heading as entered on the MCP.

Pls double check the manual.

Cheers,

I misread the tutorial. I was saying mcp heading for instrument check but I was saying the heading as well for the MCP heading and it still reads wrong numbers. Nothing even close. The green bar shows me saying the correct numbers and mcp matches but the readback is wrong.

Josh Scholl

The FO will physically read back what he "sees", not way you say.

So for the heading on the PFD, he will say the aircraft heading.  That we can read out of the sim.

Is the FO not speaking the aircraft heading?

Heading had been set. The FO reads back but the number doesn't match the number inputed.

Josh Scholl

I'm not sure I follow.

You wouldn't set the "heading" because it's the heading the aircraft itself that's being read by the FO.

If the nose of the plane is pointing to heading 290 at the gate, during the flight instruments check the FO will say 290.

Can you pls paste in the exact part of the checklist you're referring to.

Cheers,

At work currently but I'm referring to the MCP heading I input doesn't read back correctly.

Josh Scholl