Sign in to follow this  
raymar

There is hope for getting the GTN750 working in the VC

OK gang,

Here is what I have working so far.

I replaced the VC MFD with the full GTN750 with the popup click spot in the normal lower left side. Popup to get to the Menu and Directo buttons and whenever you need the frame. Otherwise you can see it in the VC just fine.

I added a flight plan, set the GTN to be primary active and loaded the plan. I setup the PFD for FMS at the PRESET. I clicked Nav and the GTN took over and started tracking the flightplan. All the AP functions are working - ALT, FLC, VS, NAV, HDG. Looking good.

Now,I can return the popped up GTN back to the MFD box and if I click on the top of the MFD, the MFD pops up WITH ALL THE ENGINE INSTRUMENTS working, yeah. I can use the click spot across the top of the MFD to return it also in the box but behind the GTN. Good again.

This may just work for us until Bert gets to work on it down the road. Even the bottom line of the MFD is still there with TAS and temp diff. Yeah.

See graphics, post questions.

UPDATE: It couldn't be that simple. Second flight, the GTN failed to intercept the magenta line. I am troubleshooting this now. Must be one click away as Jim would say. UUGh.

UPDATE 2 - Crap. I can't get the GTN to capture the Flight plan magenta line. MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE PRESET/FMS selection.

UPDATE 3 - I reversed the change in the panel.cfg (back to no change) and the popup GTN work fine, tracks correctly, following the flight plan. Someone must be the error of my ways.

UPDATE 4 - Bert suggested we copy the Hawker GTN Proline21 folder over to the CJ2 Panel folder. This fixes the tracking of the GTN but kills the PFD panels in the VC (popups work fine) so we are almost there. See posts further down for a better fit of the GTN and the detailed panel changes needed for this one.

UPDATE 5 - Everything now works. Jump down to the bottom and work your way up.

How did I do it? One simple change to the panel.cfg with the GTN750 already installed as a popup using the F1 config program.

REMEMBER to backup and make another clean copy of your Panel folder.

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit01]

//gauge05=CARPROLINE21_CJ2525A!HS25B_mfd_pilot, 512, 0, 512, 636

gauge05=F1GTN!GTN750,512,0, 512, 636, UNIT1.VC,

Have at it.

Regards,

Ray

GTN750 replaces the insides of the MFD frame..JPG

GTN popup.JPG

MFD popup for instruments.JPG

panel change.JPG

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Way to go...

Next thing to try, is to substitute the Hawker PFD into the CJ2.

And disable the FMS.

That way, you can select GPS tracking.

• Upvote 2

Bert

OK. So when I copy the Hawker PFD files over to the CJ2, and disable the FMS, the GTN tracks properly and the only downside is I have blank PFDs in the CJ2 panel but the popup PFDs work. NOTE: You have to have the GTN files from Bert's Hawker update.

[Vcockpit01]

gauge04=CARPROLINE21!HS25B_GTN_PFD, 0, 0, 512, 636

//gauge04=CARPROLINE21_CJ2525A!HS25B_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 636

//gauge05=CARPROLINE21_CJ2525A!HS25B_mfd_pilot, 512, 0, 512, 636

gauge05=F1GTN!GTN750,516,40, 540, 580, UNIT1.VC, //this is a better fit inside the MFD panel

[Vcockpit04]

//gauge00=FMS_6000_CJ2525A!FMC_6000_config, 0,0, 1, 1

//gauge01=FMS_6000_CJ2525A!FMC_6000, 0,0,464,512

gauge02=CJ2525ACAR!Toggle213, 0, 0, 512, 16

Regards,

Ray

I have to go to work now!!!! can't wait till i get home to see the progress :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Bert,  you don't like this bird?  I thought the FMS works in this one, so why the GTN?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I thought the FMS works in this one, so why the GTN?

Not everyone wants the GTN but choices are usually good. Adds spice to life.

Two primary reasons for using the GTN: LPV approaches and will fly Direct to any point. The gravy is the ease of use, touch screen, rubber band routing, and generally better situational awareness. Two Nav/Com and transponder built-in and easier to use.

I like it because you can select approaches and transitions and instantly see them as ready to fly and all the charts and maps are included for this part of the world. Nothing quite like having moving maps available in the cockpit when flying these older planes.

Regards,

Ray

Way to go...

Next thing to try, is to substitute the Hawker PFD into the CJ2.

And disable the FMS.

That way, you can select GPS tracking.

Note: you need to have Bert's Hawker GTN mod to do this.

I copied the Hawker GTN Proline21 folder over to the CJ2 panel folder and made the changes for gauge04 and gauge05 and rem'd out the FMS. The GTN needs a little adjusting to fit better in the MFD box but does indeed fit and work properly. The downside is the panel mounted PFDs are both blank but are available as popups. duh.

See the detailed panel changes here http://www.avsim.com/topic/485726-there-is-hope-for-getting-the-gtn750-working-in-the-vc/?p=3394099

Maybe someone can figure that out and we will have a working installation that can keep us going until Bert has time to take a close look at it.

Best Regards,

Ray

You have to use the same names for the PFD as you are using in your Hawker... I changed the Hawker mod over time,

so the above name may not work for you... check your Hawker GTN panel.cfg file for the name.

Bert

OK Gang,

All is well and everything is in working order for the GTN750 in the CJ2 panel. The dead PFD was a simple naming convention mistake that confused FSX. As long as you have Bert's Hawker GTN files you can get the GTN in the CJ2 going. Even the PFD PRESET says GPS rather than FMS now. Everything seems to work perfectly.

Special thanks to Bert for sorting out the GTN details, Ramon for fixing the TA nag message, Jim for hints on how, what, and when to click to get the ILS working, Ken for keeping us straight on how Direct To is suppose to work and what LPV really does for us, Richard for the repaint and being a good cheerleader, Vaughan for sorting out the throttles, Eddie for something (I just can't remember the details), Tim for the early reviews, and all of you that are asking the questions and providing thank yous to those sorting out the issues.

And a sincere thank you to the Carenado Team that has gotten us this far so quickly.

Happy Camper,

Ray

Hey Guys,

For those of you who don't have Bert's Mod you can still use the CJ2 PFD, just when you are flying a flight plan hit the pre set button on the PFD to VOR2 and make sure the GTN 750 is on GPS and not localizer.

Happy Flying,

Dan

OK Gang,

All is well and everything is in working order for the GTN750 in the CJ2 panel. The dead PFD was a simple naming convention mistake that confused FSX. As long 

Very nice Ray - great post and much thanks for your valuable help  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Ray, my head is spinning, not sure what the step by step mod is.. i have all Berts mods...not sure if you edited your first posts after getting info from Ray, or do i follow your later post's. I f you have time maybe a quick step set up.or if i just have to follow post number one.

Thank you for all you and all other's for the hard work.

Bob

Edit: I;m going to buy the CJ now....lol

Ray, my head is spinning, not sure what the step by step mod is.. i have all Berts mods...not sure if you edited your first posts after getting info from Ray, or do i follow your later post's. I f you have time maybe a quick step set up.or if i just have to follow post number one.

Thank you for all you and all other's for the hard work.

Bob

Edit: I;m going to buy the CJ now....lol

Easy Peasy.

Now that it works, I can make a 1,2,3 and KISS.

Ray

Bert,  you don't like this bird?  I thought the FMS works in this one, so why the GTN?

I never said I do not like it - I have not tried it..

Too many airplanes, not enough time..  :wink:

Bert