Sign in to follow this  
raymar

There is hope for getting the GTN750 working in the VC

Ray, my head is spinning, not sure what the step by step mod is.. i have all Berts mods...not sure if you edited your first posts after getting info from Ray, or do i follow your later post's. I f you have time maybe a quick step set up.or if i just have to follow post number one.

Thank you for all you and all other's for the hard work.

Bob

Edit: I;m going to buy the CJ now....lol

OK this is the 1,2,3, for adding the Flight1 GTN750 to the Carenado CJ2 VC panel.

There are always several methods or ways to do anything. This is one way to add the F1GTN750 to the VC of the

Carenado CJ2. This will change all your CJ2 planes.

You can choose to only change one or two if you like, but, you are on your own for that. You can find Bert's

instructions for the Hawker GTN and use that method by adding gtn or something unique to a panel file and also to

the chosen texture files in several places.

This changes all of them.

1. Go find your Carenado Hawker GTN panel folder. Copy the CARProline21 folder to your Carenado CJ2 panel

folder.

2. Make a full backup of your CJ2 Panel folder then edit the panel.cfg file as follows. The // is just to keep

the original in case of a screw up or you change your mind. Copy the full line that you intend to change and add

the // to the original and modify the other.

3. Change the Carenado CJ2 panel.cfg file as follows: (I changed the gauge05 line for a better fit of the GTN

inside the MFD picture frame.)

[Window00]

gauge01=CARPROLINE21!HS25B_GTN_PFD, 1,0,1046,1300

//gauge01=CARPROLINE21_HS25B_GTN_pfd, 1,0,1046,1300

[Vcockpit01]

gauge04=CARPROLINE21!HS25B_GTN_PFD, 0, 0, 512, 636

//gauge04=CARPROLINE21_CJ2525A!HS25B_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 636

//gauge05=CARPROLINE21_CJ2525A!HS25B_mfd_pilot, 512, 0, 512, 636

gauge05=F1GTN!GTN750, 516, 40, 540, 580, UNIT1.VC, //this is a better fit inside the MFD panel

[Vcockpit04]

//gauge00=FMS_6000_CJ2525A!FMC_6000_config, 0,0, 1, 1

//gauge01=FMS_6000_CJ2525A!FMC_6000, 0,0,464,512

gauge02=CJ2525ACAR!Toggle213, 0, 0, 512, 16

4. Save your work.

Go Fly.

Regards,

Ray

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Too many airplanes, not enough time.. 

Add me to that reason too.  If you are fully retired and find no time, then it's hopeless for me then.  :smile: Anyway, I may pick this one up one day.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hi Ray, the GTN750 is there in the VC, but no pop up....when i hover over the click spot the little hand shows, but nothing happens when i click it.

edit: i got it...had to use GTN cfg tool :Whew:

Hi Ray, the GTN750 is there in the VC, but no pop up....when i hover over the click spot the little hand shows, but nothing happens when i click it.

edit: i got it...had to use GTN cfg tool :Whew:

Yep, you need to have a popup window to popup. You can either add a [windowxx] or use the F1 Config tool.

Glad you have the CJ2 and the GTN. Enjoy.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Folks,

So - my knowledge level is pretty low on biz jets (experience limited to the default Lear - so far) - are these changes realistic ??? Do most jets today use Garmin's for navigation or would they rely on their FMC ??? If using Garmin's would they actually remove the FMC ???

From what I've read the real incentive for this work is that the FMC doesn't seem capable of a "Direct To" or "LPV Approaches" ???

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

See here:

Real world Citation with Garmin avionics upgrade.

Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks so much...

I'll take a gander...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Bert,

Thanks so much...

I'll take a gander...

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

Only recently, last year or so, have the Garmin G600 and GTN750 started making their way into the older biz jets in any numbers. The big feature seems to be the moving maps and LPV approaches plus the general ease of use. Most of the older jets didn't really have a good GPS that was coupled. Check out SIJET.com for some of the panel upgrades offered. I got an email a few days ago offering a S/II with G600 and dual GTN750s with a new interior and new paint for less than a mill. I think it is the one in the video that Bert linked.

Regards,

Ray

I can not get the NAV to engage with the GTN750..it shows GPS on the PFD, GPS on the GTN CDI AP is on but NAV will not engage on the AP window

Do you have a flightplan or direct-to waypoint active on the GTN?

Bert

I can not get the NAV to engage with the GTN750..it shows GPS on the PFD, GPS on the GTN CDI AP is on but NAV will not engage on the AP window

Do you have the GTN set as the 'Active Nav Source'? SD card slot on GTN

Cycle through your selections again. Also try the AP popup to select NAV there.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the additional information as well...

;)

Regards,

Scott

I have the same problem that has just surfaced.  I will check the other items as well.

Hi guys,

Same here!

Everyting is working except NAV mode.

In the F1GTN config tool I changed the "Select Autopilot Option" to "Heading Hold" instead of "NAV" as a kind of interim solution until a fix is available.

Cheers,
Michael