Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

with msaa8x al+enter =p3dv3 crash

I have been plagued by crashes  every time I hit al+enter lately.  I now found out that p3d crashes on me only when  msaa is at 8x.

Any thoughts/ideas on why this happens ? 

thanks

I have been plagued by crashes  every time I hit al+enter lately.  I now found out that p3d crashes on me only when  msaa is at 8x.

Any thoughts/ideas on why this happens ? 

thanks

Not happening here.

What NV and NI settings are you using?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

..., also not experiencing it here. I would reset prepar3d.cfg (delete the file, it will be rebuild upon P3D startup) to exclude that file as cause. Although unlikely, have you tested your graphics card?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

dxgi.dll or d3d9.dll in the Prepar3D folder?

Does any specific error appear in the Event Viewer?

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Not happening here.

What NV and NI settings are you using?

gb.

NV:   Single Display Performance Mode, Prefer maximum performance

NI: Frame  Rate Limiter: 30 ( i have unlimited, vsync and tb on in p3d)

..., also not experiencing it here. I would reset prepar3d.cfg (delete the file, it will be rebuild upon P3D startup) to exclude that file as cause. Although unlikely, have you tested your graphics card?

Deleted prepar3d.cfg a few times already.No joy. What do you mean by testing my graphics card ?

dxgi.dll or d3d9.dll in the Prepar3D folder?

Does any specific error appear in the Event Viewer?

No dxgi.dll or d3d9.dll in my p3d folder. I dont always  get an error in the event viewer. Sometimes  p3d just disappears (ctd)Some times  al-enter crashes the drivers and then p3d just hangs.

Msaa 2x or msaa4x seem to be the only cure.For now.

Btw,my machine is a neanderthal by todays standards: i7-980x @4.2 and a gtx580 graphics card

You are probably seeing GPU memory exhaustion, what size of memory is your graphics card? I'm not sure if this would crash Prepar3D but it seems suspicious if certain AA settings reproduce crashes. LM recently revised the system requirements for V3 - the bare minimum is 1GB of GPU memory but they doubled the recommended requirements from 2GB to 4GB for V2 to V3. Given 8x MSAA is the highest setting it might be necessary to dial this down unfortunately whilst using intensive aircraft/scenery.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg