Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

MJC8 Q400 PRO not showing up in my list of vehicles in P3D v3.2

Good day..

After my upgrade to P3D v3.2 using the patch upgrade, the Majestic Dash fails to show up in my list of vehicles in P3D. I have attempted several re-installs of the aircraft with the latest Majestic patch. The aircraft is present within the P3D simObjects folder and the Majestic control panel is functional, but no aircraft in my list! Any ideas?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Sorry, I've thought about your problem, but can't come up with anything.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Me too I have no answer since I do not know for which aircraft file P3D is looking when scanning for aircraft. I can only guess that this file is missing or corrupted.

Perhaps you try your luck in the Majestic Dash forum here at AVSIM?

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Or something in the aircraft.cfg.  If one number is off they won't show up.  Also make sure anti-virus is turned off on install.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hey Peter,

Just a WAG, but is Your Majestic Sound.cfg file alaised to to an Aircraft that is No longer in the Aircraft folder(For What ever Reason) ??

Johnman B) 

Hi...just tried another install.......as administrator, norton off, etc...plane is displayed but when i run it, p3d detects a "crash" with the plane and then resets to the default aircraft..when I reload the vehicle list, once again it has disappeared...strange indeed....Thanks for all your inputs..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Good day..

After my upgrade to P3D v3.2 using the patch upgrade, the Majestic Dash fails to show up in my list of vehicles in P3D. I have attempted several re-installs of the aircraft with the latest Majestic patch. The aircraft is present within the P3D simObjects folder and the Majestic control panel is functional, but no aircraft in my list! Any ideas?

Hello Peter,

We'd prefer if you post over at the official MJC forum (since I don't always keep tabs on this forum - no worries though).

So let's see where things might be falling apart.

1.  Are you upgrading the PILOT or PRO Edition?

2.  Are you installing the installer via the Administrator Rights

3.  Depending on your original installation version, are you applying the correct patches which are available in the USER Area of the Majestic Software Support Website?

Not sure who your vendor is and which version they have avail for download:-

a: Get an updated installer from your vendor. Should be 1.016
b: Run it - be sure to point the installer to your correct P3D v3 root folder (in the event that the installer does not detect it)
c: Add the patches from the User Area  - install the files manually starting with the 1.017RC2, then the latest patch 1.018C

4.  At this point all of your default Majestic Q400 liveries should be visible upon loading of the Sim .

5.  If you continue having problems contact us via our Support department and if your installations become exhausted - please email us at our Support department with your credentials and the reason for the exhaustion to have them re-instated. 

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Hi. I have the Pro edition and the installer from my Just Flight account is 1_018. The only patch I installed manually was 1.018C from the user area. So fresh install of 1_018 plus 1.018c patch....installing into P3D v3.2....

Peter Webber

Hey Peter,

Another WAG, Could this be Your "Nosy" virus Scan "Meddling" with Your Downloads and and Installs?? I have gotten to where I turn it off when ever I Mess with My Hard drive, so I can screw it up the way "I" want to !

Johnman B)

Hey Peter,

Another WAG, Could this be Your "Nosy" virus Scan "Meddling" with Your Downloads and and Installs?? I have gotten to where I turn it off when ever I Mess with My Hard drive, so I can screw it up the way "I" want to !

Johnman B)

Hi...will try a fresh download from my account and install with Norton off...will keep you posted!

Peter Webber

Thanks for all the ideas. It appears the issue is resolved:

1) Re-downloaded the Dash Pro full installer from my account (1.018).

2) Uninstalled the existing Dash in P3D v3.2.

3) Disabled Norton and re-installed Dash Pro with the newly downloaded installer.

4) Applied patch from User Area - success!

Maybe something became corrupted during my upgrade to P3D v3.2?

Anyway thanks for the comments. Dash Pro working fine now.

Peter Webber