Hi

I have a sim with 3 monitors at the front, which are currently set up terribly through X-Plane's networked external visuals.

I'm considering buying a GTX970 for my sim computer, which would allow me to switch to P3D, and could handle a whole lot of monitors.

I've read about Nvidia surround which would probably make setting it up really easy, but the only thing is, all three monitors are different. (they're aligned at the bottom if that helps).

Is there any (fairly simple) way that I could set P3D up so that I had all of the front screens off that one graphics card?

Thanks

-jamang1999

There is literally no setting up involved. All you have to do is open 2 new windows within P3D, set them to the view you want and then drag them to the monitor you want them to be on.

Be wary though, the performance hit will ultimately be to your CPU due to the way processing is done on FSX/P3D. Opening another window with the same size and resolution may effectively half hps.

• Upvote 1

Jamang1999 mentioned all 3 monitors were different. If they can be run at the same resolution, Matrix TripleHead2Go would be an option, but if the vertical resolution of 1 cannot match the others, I imagine that would shoot down the Matrox option.

There is literally no setting up involved. All you have to do is open 2 new windows within P3D, set them to the view you want and then drag them to the monitor you want them to be on.

Be wary though, the performance hit will ultimately be to your CPU due to the way processing is done on FSX/P3D. Opening another window with the same size and resolution may effectively half hps.

You could give this a try for ease of alignment and linking of undocked views if you want.

Thanks! This seems like the best way to do it, but do you know if there's a way to set a custom view, so that it opens the same thing every time?

-jamang1999