Sign in to follow this  
tors

What happend to Australia and New Zealand?

Dear fellows. 

I have been thinking for a long time why there has not been made one really good airport for Fs2004 located in Australia and New Zealand. If someone knows of some good airport, please tell me about it.  :smile:

There is one glaring omission: NZAA

The one that we have is a cobbled-together FS2002 version.

NZ has one of the best FS2004 experiences available: start by searching the library for "Robin Corn".

The best I could find was VOZ for most major airports in Australia, including Sydney Kingsford Smith (YSSY). This is freeware and well worth installing. I also bought the Auscene Sydney Professional X thinking it would be a huge step up looking at the pictures, but it turned out they were using FSX pictures and showing them as FS2004. The FS2004 scenery was terrible, and I am being kind here!!

As far as New Zealand is concerned I have not found anything - sadly neglected.

It begs the question - why do developers keep releasing updated versions of international airports which are already good, or even worse, airports which you have never heard of unless you are a local? There are international airports such as Auckland, Beijing and Johannesburg for example, which are major airports and yet sadly no good sceneries exist:-(

It was a huge disappointment when FlyTampa left us Fs9 users out in the cold when they made Sydney airport. 

Yes I agree. The same goes for FSDT with Houston and Vancouver.

I would like to know how much time and effort it takes to make an FSX airport compatible for FS2004, and are there enough sales nowadays for FS2004 payware packages to make a profit?

Yes I agree. The same goes for FSDT with Houston and Vancouver.

I would like to know how much time and effort it takes to make an FSX airport compatible for FS2004, and are there enough sales nowadays for FS2004 payware packages to make a profit?

Clearly, there simply aren't enough sales to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, FlyTampa and FSDT would not have stopped making scenery for the sim. We represent less than 25% of the market these days.

DJ

It was a huge disappointment when FlyTampa left us Fs9 users out in the cold when they made Sydney airport.

I think that FS9 is now over twelve years old. There has to be a point when software developers decide to concentrate on newer versions of FS.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think that FS9 is now over twelve years old. There has to be a point when software developers decide to concentrate on newer versions of FS.

Tosh.

I don't buy into anything JUST because it's new. Twelve whole years and what has improved in FS versions (In fact in some instances retrograded) ...not a lot IMO.

Fly Tampa let us down big time!

I have not forgiven George.  :BigGrin:

Tosh.

I don't buy into anything JUST because it's new.

By that logic, somebody somewhere should keep making blank video cassettes in case you feel like buying one sometime?

@edetroit,

Not sure i fully understand this sentiment. If you look at the amount of add-ons currently available for FSX for example and the level of quality obtainable from both scenery and the complexity of some of the study level sim packages available today, I would have said FS has come a long way since FS 2004. There are plenty of reasons to move forward IMHO.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

There is a LOT of good quality freeware NZ scenery available for FS2004

Go to flightsim.com and seach for New Zealand or for Lawrie Roche.

The first gave me 130 entries and the second 84..

Open your eyes and you´ll see. :)

While Oz did get a raw deal in FS9, I'll just say again:

Some idea of what you can get:

http://nzff.org/viewtopic.php?p=8274542#p8274542

Are all those sceneries in that link freeware? I have a couple of those sceneries, but there are some that look nice that I don't have.

By that logic then developers should drop FSX. Isn't FSX nine or ten years old now?