Sign in to follow this  
JLP731

PFPX Performance Data

To all of you who know what they're doing a lot more than I do,

Is anyone willing to help or provide some information with regards to making a profile for this aircraft in PFPX? Or some simpler way of just modifying the data that it has for the CJ1?

Thanks for any help you may give!

The download data that is posted in a thread here (incl with the poster) has everything one would probably need for a specific profile. Be sure to use the CJ2 not the 1, 1+, or 2+.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Ray,

I would like to build a PFPX profile for the Citation CJ2. Unfortunately, the data that is included with the poster only contains fuel planning data for specific travel distances and altitudes which includes all phases of flight (climb, cruise and descent). For building a PFPX profile I need fuel burn data for climb and cruise separately. Is there any way to get hold of specific climb and cruise performance tables for the CJ2?

Thanks and regards

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo,

"I would like to build a PFPX profile for the Citation CJ2. "

Question:
I hope you are able to .. I have not purchased PFPX yet.

Would PFPX be ok by itself or would I also need to purchase TOPCAT (if it is still a current and updated product)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Vaughan,

I use PFPX without TOPCAT. That is perfectly ok. As far as I understand, TOPCAT only has profiles for airliners anyways. And when I fly the NGX then I don't care that much about performance calculation. As for the speeds, I just use the speeds the FMS gives me and since I don't pay for the fuel in the sim, I don't care about de-rates. So TOPCAT is really only necessary if you are completely into that "as real as it gets" stuff...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Carlo,

"I use PFPX without TOPCAT."

Sounds good to me.

Thanks for the answers and additional (NGX, I fly them also) background info ... much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Ray,

I would like to build a PFPX profile for the Citation CJ2. Unfortunately, the data that is included with the poster only contains fuel planning data for specific travel distances and altitudes which includes all phases of flight (climb, cruise and descent). For building a PFPX profile I need fuel burn data for climb and cruise separately. Is there any way to get hold of specific climb and cruise performance tables for the CJ2?

Thanks and regards

Carlo

Surely, I have it. I will go through the charts and see. I have always used the individual Flight Level charts for anything to do with cruise. The climb charts are very specific for speed, times, fuel burn.

I will put together a package for you.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Surely, I have it. I will go through the charts and see. I have always used the individual Flight Level charts for anything to do with cruise. The climb charts are very specific for speed, times, fuel burn.

I will put together a package for you.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks for your help, Ray!

It would be nice if the providers would give us an idea as to where this data comes from, so we could go and obtain it for ourselves. Instead of rationing the information here, to whoever happens to come along here at the right time.

Personally, I would be willing to pony up a couple of hundred bucks for a CJ2 AFM, if the Textron mafia didn't lock down their pubs to the extent they do.

I have never created a PFPX profile before. But given the CJ2 is pretty simple, I don't think it would be a disaster to have one with limited available data.

So I have created this one using the docs from Carenado and also some of the specs posted on this forum a long time ago. I am sure if anyone has more data it can be greatly improved.

I am sure it contains some errors, as if I plan a flight with max payload, I get a warning. If I take a few kg/lbs off the ZFW this goes away.

Some info I could not find but used values from the CJ1+ profile, such as equipment.

I used, hold, 2 climb profiles, 1 cruise and 2 decent.

This should be considered alpha, but I would appreciate anyone's input or time on testing a few flights vs expectations.

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

--

Martyn Pearson