Sign in to follow this  
Mitch Eckl

Able to adjust total pax nbrs in aircraft.cfg?

Hi guys,

I am trying to adjust the pax nbrs/figures for the 777-200.

I want to cram 308 pax into the 200, but there are only 234 in the aircraft!

I think I just need to adapt the weight for the classes, right? But if I make the math I am getting 134lbs per pax in the Eco and that's not right.

When I adapt the weight, for example no first class, does it show in FMC also 0 for first class?

How can I adapt those figures for C48 Y260??

Thanks for any tips

Greetings

How can I adapt those figures for C48 Y260??

You can't adjust the seating config, but passengers are just weight. Adjust the ZFW for what it would be. Do not attempt to change the .cfg file.

Kyle Rodgers

You can't adjust the seating config, but passengers are just weight. Adjust the ZFW for what it would be. Do not attempt to change the .cfg file.

Passengers are weight but technically you would get different zfwcfg numbers if you loaded X number of passengers as weight compared to X number of cargo, right? Doesn't the load program calculate positions of each person? - David Lee

What i came over was, that when i set the ZFW in the FMC it gives me different cargo values as i am planning.

Thats why i am asking to adjust the pax nbrs in the aircraft.cfg!

So for example having 262 pax and 20002 kgs of cargo, results in a total different value on the aircraft.

But Kyle, what you are saying is, there is absolutely no way or chance to change the pax nbr for the 200 as not all airlines are operating with 234 pax config or without first class but only business.

Greetings

What i came over was, that when i set the ZFW in the FMC it gives me different cargo values as i am planning.

So for example having 262 pax and 20002 kgs of cargo, results in a total different value on the aircraft.

But Kyle, what you are saying is, there is absolutely no way or chance to change the pax nbr for the 200 as not all airlines are operating with 234 pax config or without first class but only business.

Greetings

Editing the aircraft file isn't supported by PMDG and could lead to issues since the load manager probably does not know where to place that many more passengers it has a set number. The closest you can get to having that many people in an airplane is planning in PFPX with an edited aircraft that has that many passengers and you take only the zero fuel weight pfpx spits out and enter that into the pmdg 777 fmc. So your airplane would be just as heavy as if you had that many passengers. - David Lee

Passengers are weight but technically you would get different zfwcfg numbers if you loaded X number of passengers as weight compared to X number of cargo, right? Doesn't the load program calculate positions of each person? - David Lee

CG, sure, but you could easily move cargo around to get a different CG. Weight is weight.

Weight is weight. It might give you a false sense of "feeling like it's real life," but it will only truly affect you if you pay attention to it. Set the ZFW. If you want to adjust the CG, play with the cargo values some and move on.

What weighs more?

48470 pounds of people, or 48470 pounds of baggage?

No. All it's doing is multiplying the number of people by whatever weight we assigned to the people anyway. I get that it might "feel" more real to have the exact seating config, but that's not something you can set, and you absolutely cannot change the aircraft.cfg.

Kyle Rodgers

I believe the only time the pilot needs to know how many fannies are on board is when declaring an emergency when SOBs is required by ATC (souls on board).  Otherwise, fannies or pallets don't care. Need to know weight and CG.

Dan Downs KCRP