Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

ai optimizer questions

Hello all!

I am running p3d v3.2 and MT6. The sim runs great when i jse the ai optimkzer program along side p3d. However, i have some questions about the program itself.

Here is an example...

Flight from kfll to kiah. I set my desired number of traffic planes to 75.

I check the auto optimize buttons and the preserve airport traffic buttons.

I enter kfll as the departure airport and kiah as the arrival airport.

Heres my question.

What does the preserve airport traffic do?

I landed at houston with 1 airplane on the ground. I also noticed there where absolitly no arrivals into kfll when i was on the ground there. Only full gates and airplanes taking off.

I was under the assumption the program keeps traffic at both airports for you as well as keeps incoming and outgoing traffic still in the sim for the entered airports.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Try setting a flight plan with those two airports in the sim and see if you get the same result.

Just activated a flight plan midair. Goijg to phnl from kdfw. Ill report back tonight. Hopefully i get different results

Matt kubanda

I don't know that you will get different results, but it might give us a clue as to what is wrong.

I tried adding a glight plan through p3d. It seems to have cured the problem. The prkgram also looks to be reading the flight plan and setting up the departure and destination airports with traffic appropristely. Ill check back in a week or so to see if its still behaving.

Matt kubanda

Good news. I have a feeling that on some systems, changing the arrival and departure airports manually from within the optimizer's UI has no impact at all. It has happened to me in the past, but I couldn't see any pattern to its frequency of occurrence.

When in doubt let the TO get the airports from a flight plan.