Sign in to follow this  
karmelofsx

Prepar3D v3.2 - NEXT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2016 [Max Realism]

Wow... they now have the twin tanks modeled!

How many people know what I'm talking about?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Question; Does Prepar3d not have the OOM issue that FSX has?  That looks amazing and with all the add-on scenery I don't see this happening on FSX

Question; Does Prepar3d not have the OOM issue that FSX has?  That looks amazing and with all the add-on scenery I don't see this happening on FSX

P3DV3 is much better at handling memory than FSX is. I have yet to be able to make V3 oom.. 

Great Video OP!!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

OOMs are hard to come across in P3D, I had never got one until I got the FSLabs Concorde and combined it with very high settings. I have on many occasions done 12hr flights in the PMDG777 using those settings. OOM felt like a non-issue.

BAM! My first ever OOM. Tuning down the settings solved the issue completely and lets be honest: who needs insane ground textures when cruising at mach 2 up at 60000 feet? 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

They are still there. Fly any approach into southern California or any dense area and it will OOM even with moderate settings. It is however better on frames and performance, but dont expect any VAS miracles. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well done but those yokes look very twitchy.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Well done but those yokes look very twitchy.

gb.

I believe that is due to FSRecorder being used to make the video. You will also notice the speed tapes are going crazy. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I believe that is due to FSRecorder being used to make the video. You will also notice the speed tapes are going crazy. 

Thanks, my apologies to the OP if so.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Looked good untill we got close to the ground.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png