Sign in to follow this  
damienw

FlightFactor 767

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing the FF767-300ER however as I've never really used X-Plane before so i don't know much about it, however i'd like to know how it compares to something like the Level D 767 systems wise.

All opinions welcome.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing the FF767-300ER however as I've never really used X-Plane before so i don't know much about it, however i'd like to know how it compares to something like the Level D 767 systems wise.

All opinions welcome.

Regards

Hello Damien,

There is a review in the Avsim review library

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-boeing-767-300er-by-flightfactor-for-x-r3382

• Upvote 1

Hello Damien,

There is a review in the Avsim review library

http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-boeing-767-300er-by-flightfactor-for-x-r3382

Thanks Will,

I've sen that review already. I wanted some other opinions before I take the plunge. It's almost as expensive as the PMDG stuff so wanted to be sure before I get it.

Thanks Will,

I've sen that review already. I wanted some other opinions before I take the plunge. It's almost as expensive as the PMDG stuff so wanted to be sure before I get it.

Its the best Flightfactor product available. Its a more refined upgraded and stable FF757. It is no pmdg though. Still very enjoyable plane though.

Thanks Will,

Ah, got you!

Personally, would say it is not as polished a product as the PMDG stable...however...it does have some features even PMDG doesnt have in FSX...it is a funny game of give and take really, but it is really enjoyable, good graphics, great performance in my PC, and the developer is working on a patch to refine the VNAV logic and also their Extended pack, which should include the freighter as well as other engine models.

Have they changed that weird thing with the air stairs coming to R1 instead of L1 ? Also in watching some videos of the 757 and the 767 they're a few annoyances I've noticed.

My intention was to use this A/C for the CTP event on April 2nd. 

I am also considering buying it, and asked about it over on x-plane.org. The context is different, as I asked for a compare/contrast between it and the Rotatesim MD-80, but I'm sure there's some info in the thread that could be helpful to you: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=94507

Rotatesim MD-80 does not model the aircraft accurately. The FF767 is awesome. Currently the best 767 available for any platform and the best aircraft for Xplane

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Rotatesim MD-80 does not model the aircraft accurately. The FF767 is awesome. Currently the best 767 available for any platform and the best aircraft for Xplane

Would you say it's more of a complexity level of the Airbus X or the Level D 767 ?

I think its great. Its alot of fun to fly with the mid 80s 90s automation but still things to do. I think it would be near to that of the Level D 767 although its been a long time since flying that one. Certainly the graphics are better, and the systems are quite good, perhaps a little more in depth that Airbus X stuff but not quite PMDG level.

Bottom line, there no better 767 right now on any platform than this one. Too bad it cant be ported over to P3D. Need one really bad there.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Would you say it's more of a complexity level of the Airbus X or the Level D 767

I would say at the very least it's at par with Level-D 767. If not more advanced. Definitely a better VC. I enjoy it so much I purchased a second copy for my brother as a Christmas gift. I own the Flight Factor 757 and 777.  Both don't compare IMO.  

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Hi Guys,

All opinions welcome.

Regards

I've written a review for the 767. You can find it here: http://www.simreview.ca/FFSS767/ffss767.html

My reviews are written from a consumer point of view so it tends to be more of a "writeup" of my feelings after flying the aircraft, rather than the companies' reviews where you get a lot of screenshots and every feature detailed. That said, it also reflects how I personally feel after getting a hands-on of the cockpit. 

Hope it helps! 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Ok Guys,

After going over both reviews again, and again, and yet again. I'm going to get it,..even though i'm still a little worried I guess. I think i'll be taking her across the pond this time around instead of the regulars. I remember countless crossings with the Lonny Payne 757 then the 767 Pilot in command and the Level D 767,..those were the glory days so to speak lol. Wow  i feel old  :sad:  :vava:  But i did prefer that kind of flying.

Thanks to each one of you for your input into this topic. I'm kinda hooked on X-Plane at the moment, it performs and looks soooo much better than P3D, and it's got a different "feel" which is quite refreshing.

Do you guys have experience with the 757 as well ? How does it stack up ?

Also found this smart co-pilot thing. Anyone try it ?

Regards

I have the FF757 as well, and while its very good and again the best of any platform, it has its quirks and some funny things going on at times. Its still fun to fly, but the FF767 is a whole other level than their previous products. I fly the 757 Freighter for FDX so it gets it done in a decent manner. Waiting for the 767 freighter now.

What I dont like about Xplane payware is they feel the need to charge for every variant seperatly. Even livery packs are charged even though there is free ones. Like really? A handful of liveries should be included just like payware for FSX P3D aircraft.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Ok Guys,

After going over both reviews again, and again, and yet again. I'm going to get it,..even though i'm still a little worried I guess. I think i'll be taking her across the pond this time around instead of the regulars. I remember countless crossings with the Lonny Payne 757 then the 767 Pilot in command and the Level D 767,..those were the glory days so to speak lol. Wow  i feel old  :sad:  :vava:  But i did prefer that kind of flying.

Thanks to each one of you for your input into this topic. I'm kinda hooked on X-Plane at the moment, it performs and looks soooo much better than P3D, and it's got a different "feel" which is quite refreshing.

Also found this smart co-pilot thing. Anyone try it ?

Regards

Hi Damien,

I hope you share your opinion once you've flown the FF 767. I also owned the LDS 767 and man... those were the days. It must be the plane I have flown the most hours.

Regarding the 757, I think it's flyable, it's enjoyable, but it has some things that bother me and I can't come around them. I've asked in the forums but didn't really get a proper "solution":

- There's apparently no difference between "toe brake" and "parking brake". Whenever I use the toe brakes, I'm really setting the parking brake and the light comes on on the EICAS.

- Turning the yoke causes the rudder to be pushed in. No, this is not a feature of the aircraft and has nothing to do with the yaw damper

- The A/P doesn't seem very smooth at instances. It also doesn't seem to be able to enter a holding pattern from odd angles.

- The cockpit doesn't really "feel" like a 757. This is a subjective opinion of course, but just my general feeling. In this regard the 767 looks much better.

- The EEC won't prevent the engines from overspooling if you jam the throttles full forward

- During a descent, if you bring the throttles to idle you'll get the inflight restrart message on the EICAS.

- The engines are powerful, I know, but in order to fly straight and level and at a constant speed (for example, fly 230kt at 5000ft), I must bring my throttles back to about 15% or else the speed will go up to overspeed in no time. I'm always using the lower 30% of my throttle run in conditions other than takeoff or climb.

Also, and this might be X-Plane rather than FF757, the plane bounces up&down and sideways and gets torn around in the air like a paper bag when there's the slightest wind. It doesn't seem very realistic.

During the take-off run sometimes I have to apply FULL rudder deflection to keep it within the runway limits. It's as if the runway was made out of ice.

As I said, I like it, it's enjoyable and flyable, but It's not PMDG level.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F