Sign in to follow this  
damienw

FlightFactor 767

No.  But that is because of me - apparently.  I cannot locate "settings" within the NOAA folder.  I did, however find some other Python files which seemed to have made things look a lot better.

Still looking.

John

Click Plugins at the top within X-Plane menu. Scroll down to NOAA Plugin, then you should see a series of checkboxes. 

OK - DUH - The Plugins dropdown...   OK that should do it.

Thanks again.

John

John Wingold

OK - DUH - The Plugins dropdown...   OK that should do it.

Thanks again.

John

No Worries. Remember to click Apply/Save after

No Worries. Remember to click Apply/Save after

Got it my friend.  Thank you so much.

John

John Wingold

No.  But that is because of me - apparently.  I cannot locate "settings" within the NOAA folder.  I did, however find some other Python files which seemed to have made things look a lot better.

Still looking.

John

Would you mind sharing what else you found. I too find the wind effects way too harsh. I stopped using real weather because of this.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Great thread gents,

Im going take the Xplane plunge :)

Cheers Josh Cliff

Im going take the Xplane plunge

Great.  Have patience.. There is a large learning curve, but I think it is where flight simulation is headed.

John

John Wingold

Would you mind sharing what else you found.

No, I wouldn't mind - although it's a little embarrassing...  My noaa plugin, or the Python part of it, had apparently become corrupted and the plugin was not showing in the plugin drop-down at the top of the screen.  I removed all references to noaa and Python and did a complete re-install of the weather generating system and everything worked - even finding the noaa line in the plug-in drop-down.  Now, after turning the turbulence line off and going below and setting the turbulence occurrence to 1% (the lowest setting) and clicking save, my flights are ultra smooth.  Yes, there are still winds, but controllable.

John

• Upvote 1

John Wingold

No, I wouldn't mind - although it's a little embarrassing...  My noaa plugin, or the Python part of it, had apparently become corrupted and the plugin was not showing in the plugin drop-down at the top of the screen.  I removed all references to noaa and Python and did a complete re-install of the weather generating system and everything worked - even finding the noaa line in the plug-in drop-down.  Now, after turning the turbulence line off and going below and setting the turbulence occurrence to 1% (the lowest setting) and clicking save, my flights are ultra smooth.  Yes, there are still winds, but controllable.

John

OK I see,

I may go back to the NOAA plugin and try again. I had been using default Xplane weather as it doesn't suddenly change like the weather can with NOAA

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hello again,

Took the plunge and bought the 767. Before I go any further does anyone know if the developer can be found on the AVSIM forums ? The X-Plane.org forums are down atm. I must admit the 767 is a very nice aircraft and the best that I've flown in X-Plane, However there are some things I need to point out to the developer regarding the AFDS, the function of the modes and the behavior associated with them under certain circumstances. 

They're also a few annoyances (in my opinion) of these little helper tidbits the developer added that i'd honestly like to see gone or at least have the option of turning them off. I understand the thought behind it but i'd prefer the option on if i need that help or not because for me it actually takes away from the simulation.

I currently putting together a list of bugs and inaccuracies I've found so far so i can send them to the developer.

I fly the LD767 now (for years) and like it a lot. So I am interested in the FF767 for XPlane10.

Now you have flown the FF767 for a month ...

What problems did you find with the FF767 autopilot .. and other tidbits that needed attention by the developer?

Did any of them get fixed yet?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

No really big issues for me. VNAV can be a bit moody sometimes, but it's the case in real plane as well. Hence pilots usually really on VS instead.

Visually, I find FF767 a bit too reflective and glossy, but maybe it's jsut me.

Other than that, it's an awesome, reliable plane.

Can winds aloft data be entered (for enroute data calculations) using the FF767 CDU?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well I took the plunge and have gone, Xplane and FF767 mad lol

Has anyone else had a an issue with flaring?

I cut the throttles at 20ft and it really hovers a lot before touching down and the nose gear doesn't seem to want to go down unless applying forward pressure to the yoke. I've checked my trim units on topcat and it seems to be ok?

Josh

Cheers Josh Cliff

I cut the throttles at 20ft

Once you have programmed the FMS and are aloft, you should cut the throttles.  The auto-throttle will have taken over and will allow deceleration as the FMS calls for it.  Once you have gotten to the approach mode, the speed will appear again and you can "tune" it down from whatever it is (I believe 170) to around 140 as you approach the runway.  If it stays at 170 (or whatever it is), you are flying too fast to "settle down" with flaps set to full.

John

John Wingold

The FMS has nothing to do with a manual landing, I'm not flying the approach to fast I'm at V-Ref +5 at 1000ft and am fully configured and stable.

I've checked the LDW to give me the appropriate V-Ref to...

Cheers Josh Cliff