Sign in to follow this  
simtom

[FSX] Camera cutting through model

Your viewpoint location is creating this illusion. Keep in mind that the interior is not fully modeled, saves a lot on memory by limiting the eye candy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Your viewpoint location is creating this illusion. Keep in mind that the interior is not fully modeled, saves a lot on memory by limiting the eye candy.

So there is no solution for this problem then?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I was wondering if this issue is FSX related?

It is.

So there is no solution for this problem then?

Correct.

Kyle Rodgers

It is.

Correct.

Thank you Kyle for the answer, it really is a shame that FSX messes up your beautifully designed aircraft (at least when viewing it from this position).

I'm interested to see how Dovetail's Flight Simulator will work out, hopefully it will be a worthy successor of FSX and give you guys more room to develop even more detailed airplanes ;-)

Thank you Kyle for the answer, it really is a shame that FSX messes up your beautifully designed aircraft (at least when viewing it from this position).

Yeah, it's a little odd. As you saw in the video, adjusting the zoom will help to eliminate it.

Kyle Rodgers

adjusting the zoom will help to eliminate it.

Either that, or you simply move the eyepoint to the right by pressing and holding Ctrl+Shift+Enter until you reach the point where the camera doesn't cut through the fuselage anymore.

Either that, or you simply move the eyepoint to the right by pressing and holding Ctrl+Shift+Enter until you reach the point where the camera doesn't cut through the fuselage anymore.

Yeah, I'm doing that in order to "bypass" the current issue.

It is only a problem if you want to simulate being a passenger. I prefer to stay in the cockpit.

Dan Downs KCRP

It is only a problem if you want to simulate being a passenger. I prefer to stay in the cockpit.

That's true, but sometimes I like to record the view from the cabin and then it's a bit annoying. 

Do you also have this issue in Prepar3D?