Sign in to follow this  
shazam

Missing XPlane 10 182RG

I downloaded and have been exploring the XPlane 10 demo for the last few weeks. as time permitted.  I was convinced I need to purchase it so ordered the disks.  They arrived today, so after deleting the demo, I installed the licensed version.

When I got it up and running, I noticed that the 182RG that was included with the demo is not in the licensed package.  I suspect, that had I not deleted the demo package before installing the new version, I could have just copied the RG a/c folder from the demo set-up to the licensed version.  I'm just too efficient...aargh! :-)

Is there another way to get this airplane without downloading the demo package and installing it again?  I certainly don't want to violate copyright, but that particular airplane was pivotal in purchasing XP.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Thanks!

Jim

Didn't even know there was one

Is it Carenado's?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Didn't even know there was one

Is it Carenado's?

Interesting thing.....they tell me over on the x-plane forums that there's never been one as a default.....and I believe them of course.  Did a search and found a free 182RG download on the x-plane site that looks like the one I was (I think....senior moment, maybe?) playing with in the demo.  Cue the TZ theme song music.

Anyway, I downloaded that one into my licensed X-Plane 10, it looks the same.  Given an hour of play, I like it as well as Carenado's on FSX...so far.  More investigation coming of course.

My goal is to match a Flight Sim 182RG panel to one I have access to in 'real life'.  I came as close as I could in FSX, now working on Plan B.

Jim

I guess they only did a cutlass (172) rg in XP

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Like you said they did do an FSX 182 RG

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Look at Carenado's CT210M.  It should more than cover the 182 RG.

It also accepts the REP package, which really adds to the realism.

John

John Wingold

Look at Carenado's CT210M.  It should more than cover the 182 RG.

It also accepts the REP package, which really adds to the realism.

John

That is, indeed, a beautiful bird!  Will have to read up on REP...not familiar. 

One of the reasons I am delving into the X-world is Planemaker.  A limitation I found in FSX with Carenado's 182RG was that when I tried to replace the DG with an HSI it had to fit inside the original 'hole' in the panel, which was round instead of square.  No way to fix.

Will I have that limitation with Carenado's  birds in XP?  Spent maybe 5 minutes in Planemaker so far :-)

Thanks!

Jim

Will have to read up on REP...not familiar.

Just Google the SimCoders site.  It will be explained.

John

John Wingold

Just Google the SimCoders site.  It will be explained.

John

Thanks, John!  Have stayed away from add-ons till now...using a one-candlepower computer.  Order for a new build should go out in a week or so.

Jim

PS-  Went to the SimCoders site.  It may be TOO realistic for my needs!!  Imagine the performance of a Turbo 210 vs. my little non-turbo RG! :-)  Amazing stuff!