Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Can't use AutoPilot

Everytime I click on autopilot the main P2ATC screen turns white and a msg at the top says "Not Responding". I can fly without the P2ATC Autopilot and just use the A/C Autopilot but I would rather use P2ATC's Autopilot. This is the only Bug I can see.

I hope I gave enough info

Harry

Everytime I click on autopilot the main P2ATC screen turns white and a msg at the top says "Not Responding". I can fly without the P2ATC Autopilot and just use the A/C Autopilot but I would rather use P2ATC's Autopilot. This is the only Bug I can see.

I hope I gave enough info

Harry

I forgot to say I was using Version 20012. Sorry bout that.

Harry

Harry,

I have been using the P2A Autopilot on every flight for months without any issue.  It could be several things, but the behavior you cite sounds like you ran out of Memory resources.  So, the first thing to do is run Windows Task Manager and watch what happens to Memory and CPU % utilization when you open the Autopilot.

Also, what SIM and aircraft are you flying.  There is a remote possibility that there is some sort of conflict with the particular aircraft.  You should try using it with one of the stock aircraft like the Beech Baron to see if it still breaks.

Regards,

Dave

Harry,

I have been using the P2A Autopilot on every flight for months without any issue.  It could be several things, but the behavior you cite sounds like you ran out of Memory resources.  So, the first thing to do is run Windows Task Manager and watch what happens to Memory and CPU % utilization when you open the Autopilot.

Also, what SIM and aircraft are you flying.  There is a remote possibility that there is some sort of conflict with the particular aircraft.  You should try using it with one of the stock aircraft like the Beech Baron to see if it still breaks.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave;

I will try the Task Manager later today. I am using Wn 7, FltSim is FSX, Aircraft is Beechcraft King Air 350. It is a stock A/C. 3rd time using it. No problems before. Was using Beech Baron 58 with no problems. I will review how to use Task Manger then give it a try.

Thanks for you help. I'll keep you posted

Harry

Hi Dave;

I will try the Task Manager later today. I am using Wn 7, FltSim is FSX, Aircraft is Beechcraft King Air 350. It is a stock A/C. 3rd time using it. No problems before. Was using Beech Baron 58 with no problems. I will review how to use Task Manger then give it a try.

Thanks for you help. I'll keep you posted

Harry

Ok I flew KSTL to KMCI. Everything went as planned. Autopilot no problem. Below I've posted a snapshot of My Task manager. Hope I've got the shot you'll like. Also about halfway through the flight I got a warning something had failed and if I wanted to continue or exit. I chose to continue. I still heard ATC transmissions but could not transmit to them. I didn't think to get a picture of the warning. Next time I will.

Will Unable to paste Picture of Task Manager.

Ok here are the readings;  CPU usage..17%    Memory...4.43 GB. Hope this helps.

Harry

Hi Harry.

How much Memory does your PC have?  If 6GB, then that is probably the issue causing the crashes.  The error you encounted and continued from is likely one of the bugs we're chasing in the Beta. 

Dave

Hi Harry.

How much Memory does your PC have?  If 6GB, then that is probably the issue causing the crashes.  The error you encounted and continued from is likely one of the bugs we're chasing in the Beta. 

Dave

Hi Dave:

I have 16G RAM installed. Also what is the procedure for pasting a picture onto a message. I tried but failed.

Thank You

Harry 

Hi Harry. 

So lack of memory is not the issue.  When it happens again, grab a screenshot and send to me via email - admin@pilot2atc.com

If using Internet Explorer, Pasting seems not to work.  I don't know why, but using FIreFox, you can paste anything.  Probably a setting in IE, but I don't know what it is.

Dave