Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

A320/A330 and A340 Panel

Guest Moviedirector20

Hey all!I am finally considering tryin out the famous "bus", I know of a great panel guy Eric Marciano? I know he is pretty famous, just want some feedback. How realistic are his panels/systems etc. Also is it true that the A340 panel isint available as freeware anymore?!Thanks!

For freeware panels Eric's are hard to beat - have some nice features and are good 'intermediate' level panels. Systems wise fairly basic now imho. Yes the 'new' 340 is no longer freeware.I think if you really want to try the bus get the PSS birds - not quite leveld but vastly more accurate representation of bus ops - and very cheap now.Fear not the mcdu - same in principle as an fmc (just prettier :)) and Airbus 'managed' modes are the same as Boeing lnav/vnav

Regards,

Mark

Guest vrandar

The models and flight dynamics with the freeware iFDG Airbuses are better than the PSS, so most serious Airbus pilots now merge the PSS panel with the iFDG model and FDE. ifdg is at www.ifdg.net

Guest ecv737

I think I saw a while back some files relating to using the PSS airbus Panel in a) the POSKY Airbuses, and :( the iFDG Airbuses (A318/319/320/330).Could somebody be so kind as to guide me to where I could find this.I own the PSS Airbuses, but I must agree the ifdg flies better. Have not tried the POSKY ones but I have heard good things about it plus they have some nice liveries.Is the same thing available for the 340 panel(PSS to IFDG 340)Edmundo Cardenas

Simply renane the original panel or delete it. I rename mine "Panel Default Original" for a number of panels I replace or edit, and I virtually edit all of them to personal preference.Then copy the PSS A340 panel into the folder for the aircraft in question whether it is iFDG, Posky, or whatever.I personally prefer to use the PSS air and aircraft.cfg files, tweaked to personal preference for all of the models. My reason for doing this is that you can still use the PSS loadedit provisions for each plane for more realistic passenger, freight, and fuel capacites. If you do this, forget the weight and balance part of the FS9 window option and just use it for fuel loading. Some aircraft will CTD if you fiddle with payload from the FS9 window. (Don't remember which, it may not be PSS).Presently flying from PANC to LFPG backdoor (West instead of East) in the Posky Air France Livery. Flys beautifully with the fully programmed FMC from runway to runway if you should want the aircrft to be fly by wire all the way.Hope you find what pleases you. RTH

Guest VAA_008

True, the A340 panel is not freeware and I wish I had discovered it when it was.I have a lot of Airbus planes, PSS, Posky, iFDG, Aerodesigns and a handful of panel add-ons.I have selected 3 that I always come back to in this order Eric Marciano PSS Ken Mitchell http://emarciano.free.fr/

Guest ecv737

Thanks a lot RTH for the info.I will proceed to do the replacement of the panels and cfg and air files to those of the PSSEdmundo Cardenas

Edmundo:One piece of advice which you probably already do anyway. If so just ignore me.BACKUP everything you have that is applicable before you change anything! Then you can always return to your starting point and start over if anything smells bad.I have even reached the place that when I install FS9, I immediately make backup copies of all critical default files and folders before I edit or add anything. It sure has made troubleshooting easier by a process of elimination. Then one can go back to defaults and narrow down the problem. (i.e. crashes to desktop because of a bad bgl, afcad, gauge, or the like).Respectfully:RTH