Sign in to follow this  
Guest cragwolf

Big turboprop planes

Guest cragwolf

Being a newbie, I must confess I don't know much about aircraft but I know what I like:C-130 HerculesA400MMassive turboprop planes! My first question is, assuming they exist, can you name me some other large turboprop planes? I really have no idea of what has been done in this field. My second question is, yes I can look it up in Google, but if you wish to recommend any big turboprop aircraft addons (free or pay) for FS2004 can you please do so here? Thanks in advance.

Mike Stone at www.pmstone.com has just put up a Globemaster C17.You'll also find other large turbos there such as a Britannia, Super Connie, Lockheed Electra, and more.Freeware.

great P-3 Orion with different variants in the library here. Alphasim has a nice hercules, don't expect perfection or a highly detailed VC but its great to fly.

Guest CWD

>Mike Stone at www.pmstone.com has just put up a Globemaster>C17.The C-17 is a turboprop? :(

Guest enine

I believe Mike Stone has also done a C-133, sort of a stretched C-130 designed to haul ICBMs around.

Well it's not a BIG turbo prop but it is the best! Aeroworx B200. Simply outstanding rendition that replicates almost all systems on board in exacting detail. Go to www.aeroworx.com and see for yourself.Sigh! If only my PC would run complex aircraft like the B200 with photorealistic scenery like Georender's Alaska and real world weather like ASV's all at the same time!Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Well it's BIG but not a turbo prop. For properllerheads, have a look at Shockwave's B17 (Wings of Power). Fun to fly!

Tim Conrad's C-133 (either here or at simouthouse.com) is the biggest turboprop I know of in FS, and a pretty good piece of work at that. Other than that, hmm, well, Mike Stone's C-130 is good (add your own panel). The KBT P-3 Orion (several variants including a hurricane hunter) is great freeware and available here on AVSIM. Dreamwings makes several variants of the Bombardier Dash-8, and I happen to think the AFG NAMC YS-11 (70-seat Japanese twin-turboprop airliners from the '70s) is fantastic. The YS-11 is a very interesting plane to fly, the engine management is quite different from most other turboprops. Oh, and Majestic makes a payware Dash-8-300 that's expensive, but supposed to be extremely detailed.And even though it's not a "big" turboprop, I'll second the Aeroworx King Air B200. It's an absolutely amazing add-on, gorgeous and highly detailed in all areas, and just a total blast to fly.Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia

I think someone did an An-22. Don't get much bigger than that.There's also a Tu-95 somewhere, and possibly an An-12.Soviets liked to build them big :)

Guest JimC1702

Take a look at Flight 1's ATR-72. I don't own it but it looks great and gets rave reviews.Jim

Don't remember whether these are from this site or flightsim, probably both.tu114ins.zip is the Tupolev TU-114 which has about the most impressive cabin, props and a few other things you will find IMHO, and it's freeware. I highly recommend it if you want a beautiful plane (including a worn one in one texture option). Take a peek at this one.p3c_.zip with p3c_pack (and there are several repaints OrionThere are a mess of twin otters and Dash 8's for freeware plus the PSS payware Dash 8 which is a pretty good plane if you want an FMC. At today's prices for PSS it may be a good option for you.Mike Stone's C-130 (sc130h.zip) and/or C-133 (sc133b.zip) look just like what you request along with Ken Mitchell's Panel (with updates). (sc130hpn.zip, c130df1u.zip, c130drf1.zip). Several repaints are availableMight even be interested in the v22 Ospry (osprdyn.zip, ospsnz.zip, v22cbfix.zip)Hope you find what you want. Happy flying:RTH

Super Connie ??My memory of all those hours on and around the VQ-1 C-121 & EC-121's was that those Wright R-3350's had pistons.There was at least one, maybe more, Super Connies with turboprop engines fitted - but I don't think anyone has modeled it yet.Just a recommendation - if you're new to FS - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING YET.There are plenty of freeware aircraft out there. Be a bit picky about purchasing aircraft.You are going to end up with many more aircraft on your computer than you can fly. We all do. Try to minimize buying aircraft you never fly.The KBT P-3 is reportedly exceptional. Haven't flown it - but since I have over 100 hours on the EP-3B (pre-Aires model) - I'll be trying their E model soon.Mike Stone's C-130 is actually a lot of fun and not difficult to fly with Ken Mitchell's panel.Mike also has a P-3C available, and an Electra, and a lot of other exceptional aircraft. But Mike designs for his interest. The aircraft are extremely good in my opinion.You will eventually find that you want some other features which are only available from payware.Frankly I really love the FSD Piaggio Avanti - saw one sitting at KADS last weekend - it's small - but 400kts TAS at FL410 in a twin turboprop is a blast.

don't forget the Dash 7 by Shupe and crew.also a big turboprop,and great to fly,too.cheersJP.