Sign in to follow this  
Maestaru

Carenado Developers: ALT and VS on Dash

It would be great if you add the Autopilot ALT wheel and the VS selector wheel to the dashboard.  I think the perfect spot would be on the left side, just above and below the Rudder Bias button.

The reason for this request is: when on approach, it is difficult to pan down between the seats to make adjustments to said controls.   When doing so both the horizon/runway and the PFD are out of sight, and when I look back up I am often not where I want to be.  Zooming out to 30 is somewhat of a workaround but the PFD indicators become too small.

I

I have also tried adjusting the co-pilot view so he is looking down all the time, with the PFD and AP visible.  Then I quickly switch back and forth between pilot and co-pilot.

Hope you agree with the request for a change to dash.  The result would take an already amazing plane and push it into the outer limits...

Thanks for considering.

Cheers,

Maestaru

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

See the quick fix for the AP popup from the new clickspot.

Ray

"The reason for this request is: when on approach, it is difficult to pan down between the seats to make adjustments to said controls."

I use EZdok (FSX and P3D) ... works great in the VC of all aircraft ... quick panning in VC or direct to any specific view you want.

And, the current Carenado click spots still work and I use them also.

There you are guys. Several methods to improve your flying skills. I have EZdoc and TR5 also.

Ray

I have TrackIr also .. but quit using it (years ago) when I got Ezdok ...

I found a nice workaround.  The Shift-1 to 7 keys bring on specific CJ2 screens, including the AP by selecting Shift-3.  I resized the AP to about 2" x 1 1/2" and placed it to the left of the FMS.  Then I saved the plane config.  Finally, I assigned the T-2 key on my controls and now can toggle on/off the AP.  Works great.  

I took a screenshot and would have uploaded it here, but I do not think that AVSIM newbies have that option. 

Maestaru

I found a nice workaround.  The Shift-1 to 7 keys bring on specific CJ2 screens, including the AP by selecting Shift-3.  I resized the AP to about 2" x 1 1/2" and placed it to the left of the FMS.  Then I saved the plane config.  Finally, I assigned the T-2 key on my controls and now can toggle on/off the AP.  Works great.  

I took a screenshot and would have uploaded it here, but I do not think that AVSIM newbies have that option. 

Maestaru

You need to get with Ramon and get his clickspot mod for the AP popup. A new slew of clickspots and improved cockpit procedures are just around the corner. Look through some of the threads here for some early looks.

Ray

Maestaru

Wrong, you need to use the 'More Reply Options" and explore the buttons for Browse and uploading.

Ray

There are other threads here.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/485943-i-wonder-if-these-unused-3d-knobs-could-be-put-to-good-use/?p=3397897

Ray,

I downloaded and several different days followed your instructions exactly. I cannot get a file uploaded