Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Appcrash P3Dv3

Hi all, new to P3d, been away from flight sim for a while and decided to come back from FSX to the all new version 3 of P3D.

Purchased at the weekend but not had a stable response yet rofm the simulation.

Have so far installed ASN and UK200 LHR extreme using the FLightsim Estonia tool.

The program crashes whilst setting a scenario and selecting aircraft to any point just after getting into the aircraft.

Error states Appcrash for Prepar3d3D.exe

Using version 3.2.3.16769, Stackhash_0a9e

Most frustrating. Any ideas how to fix ?

Yes - start by throwing away the EMT. Reinstall P3D and do NOT install anything else. Get P3D stable with no add ons of any kind. Then install add-ons - testing after each install. If the program has a native P3D installer - use it. If it is not compatible - don't try to install it. If you feel you have to use the EMT - it's your system - but it could cause more problems than it's worth.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hmm, ok, but why would EMT cause this issue. I thought EMT just directed FSX installers to P3D and nothing else ?

I thought EMT just directed FSX installers to P3D

It does yes,   but it also adds several files into your Core Prepar3D folder (creating a fake fsx core folder inside your Prepar3D core folder)  It also creates a fake fsx Directory in Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft and bounces commands to and from your Prepar3D directory,  all in all there's a lot going on there and the User loses the control over how, when and what goes where. 

At the end of the day after many headaches,  I actually found it quicker to Install non compatible software manually instead of using the EMT tool and trying to figure out how and why it went wrong 

Ok thanks. Will strip it all out and start again.

Just a thought.

Could I not copy the fsx.exe file into the p3d route folder then use the flight 1 registry repair tool to point at that file in the p3d route then tricking fsx installers towards the p3d area ?

Not sure how alike the files and folders are set between the two programs.

All the scenery I had installed in FSX I am using in P3D by simply telling the P3D Scenery Library where the scenery is located.  No reinstalling or anything.  The aircraft are a different animal but most of the FSX developers have developed installers for P3D (some charging for it).  If at all possible, I would stay away from EMT and doing "tricks" to fake out the fsx installers.  Do you need it all installed right now?  Today?  Just take your time and try to use legitimate installers.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, I guess I'm just trying too hard to her everything installed like FSX was.

Thanks for the info.

Will strip it all back and start again using P3D installers only.

Just another quick one, if I come across installers for p3d v2 or 2.5 will they behave fine in v3 ?

Just another quick one, if I come across installers for p3d v2 or 2.5 will they behave fine in v3 ?

In some cases, yes, and in some cases no.  V2 is like FS9 was several years ago.  V3 is like FSX several years ago.  Like a whole new sim.  You could install some stuff from FS9 into FSX but not all of it and many had to wait until the developers figured out the FSX code and developed installers for FSX.  Some goes with going from V2 to V3 and it will probably be the same when V4 is released a couple of years from now.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, you were spot on about the EMT, started to reinstall using only P3D installers and testing after each addon and all is working great.

May have ago at redirecting some older addons to a temporary folder and see if I can manually move and edit files across. I recon scenery addons will be ok with this ?

Most scenery addons for any of the simulators can be installed outside of the respective simulator.  Makes it much easier if you have to uninstall/reinstall your simulator.  Some, like FSDT/FlightBeam and Orbx/FTX stuff, is installed inside the respective simulator.  I have 90% of all of my scenery addons installed on another SSD on another drive and just direct the Scenery Library to the proper location.  If you have old scenery you had installed in FS9 or FSX, you can try to use the P3D Scenery Library and link the folder(s) where the scenery is located.  FSX and P3D came out with a new texture format (.dds) but many sceneries are backward compatible but may not work as well as if they were developed specifically for FSX/P3D.  For those, you'll just have to wait until the developer upgrades his/her products or possibly suffer some anomalies or performance issues (and crashes).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM