Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

New trial user v1.4.3 - Questions on Upcoming v2 release

So I've been hearing alot about this application recently and with the lack of updates coming on vox which was my go to atc program finally decided to download and give it a shot.  So far I'm pretty impressed with what v1.4 provides and was wondering if there was an option (either in current version or future) to simplify the speech assistance.  I noticed there was a popup box to provide assistance with various atc phrases and terminology which was nice but seemed a little clunky.  Is it possible for an option where it will display (maybe in a different color in text) what should be said?  I managed to fumble my way through a few controllers from my experience with vox but was still having some difficulty.  Other than that this ATC addon is pretty fantastic, and seems to be compatible with P3D and X-Plane.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Chris,

V2 has a better Grammar Helper that does a better job telling you the exact words that will work and a new feature called SayIt that will actually say the phrases for you.  Readbacks to controller commands are automatically posted in the speech window and activated with a single click (Screen Button or HotKey).  Check out the YouTube video of new features here:

At about 6 minutes into the tape, the SayIt feature is explained.

Dave

Chris,

V2 has a better Grammar Helper that does a better job telling you the exact words that will work and a new feature called SayIt that will actually say the phrases for you.  Readbacks to controller commands are automatically posted in the speech window and activated with a single click (Screen Button or HotKey).  Check out the YouTube video of new features here:

At about 6 minutes into the tape, the SayIt feature is explained.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  I was reading about some of those new features and am very impressed with your product.  Sounds like I'll be making a purchase.  Any word when 2.0 will be fully released?  Also - in P3D, even though it doesn't control the AI aircraft does it actually speak to them, or does the ATC only actually communicate with the user?

Edit: Is 2.0 a free upgrade to 1.x users?  Or should I be patient and wait for an official 2.0 release instead of buying twice?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Chris,

There is not set date for full release of V2.0.  It will be a while before the Beta ends because I want to be sure close to all the bugs are ironed out before releasing it to the full world and offering the free trial for it, mostly because of the added support requirements that will bring on top of the Beta bug fixing.

The upgrade from 1.x is free.   You can get V2 after registering V1 and sending me a note.

P2A currently only speaks to the pilot, not to the AI traffic.  I know that is a feature many would like, but it is not in the current product.

Thanks,

Dave