Sign in to follow this  
tdohrer

Dual Install

Is it possible to install the pmdg 777 and 737 into two versions of p3d on the same machine?

Tyson Dohrer

Is it possible to install the pmdg 777 and 737 into two versions of p3d on the same machine?

It's possible, yes, but why would you?

Kyle Rodgers

Because v3.2 still crashes on me when I use Pmdg products. Thinking bout putting v2.5 back in so I can fly my planes until v3 is figured out.

Tyson Dohrer

Because v3.2 still crashes on me when I use Pmdg products. Thinking bout putting v2.5 back in so I can fly my planes until v3 is figured out.

Better to fix the issue in 3.2 than to go hacking around.

Most common crashes are due to people loading the aircraft improperly. See here:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Here is the issue and im not alone apparently.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995

I know there is a couple other topics floating around about this. Any ideas?

Also i will check into the simconnect issue never hurts to check.

Also i just blew up my computer and swap some more hard drives in. But i figured starting with a clean slate might help. In version 3.2 they have seem to the fix the issue with the 777 atleast for me so far. But i still get it on the NGX and Aerosoft A3XX series. Its similar to this execpt i have had in v3.0,3.1 and 3.2. Ive seen that it has do with grahics sliders but doubt that cause i get whether my sliders are max or very min. I did see this fix with the windows does that make sense?

Maybe I found it
Change in the panel cfg of the plane to used the size_mm before 800, 600 and now 1920, 1200
Now is fine

[Window00]
file=Panel_2D.bmp
size_mm=1920, 1200
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=MAIN_PANEL

Prepar3D.exe
560b4abe
ntdll.dll
5632d9fc
c0000374
000dc18c
93c
01d12c886fb0565c
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
899bf777-9f8f-4b93-9aa3-35c75cff26cc

Tyson Dohrer

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Your post in that thread indicates that the faulting module was the ntdll.dll, which is probably not being caused by PMDG or LM's P3D.  Applications rarely call directly to this low level windows module, most common problem is a corrupt user profile.  Take Kyle's advice and troubleshoot the problem instead of hoping that the next P3D version will fix it for you.

Also, as I'm sure you noticed, almost all contributors to that thread were having problems where the faulting module was the msvcr120.dll and has nothing to do with ntdll errors.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did see this fix with the windows does that make sense?

Doubtful. NTDLL.dll issues are usually issues with your graphics drivers (make sure you're not running 364 drivers if you have an NVIDIA card - just have a quick look on google to see all the problems people are having). 3.2 has largely fixed the MSVCR120.dll issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok so if I am running the 364 drivers is there a place to down load an older one? Do you recommend a certain one?

Tyson Dohrer sorry on my phone will fix signature when I get home!

Tyson Dohrer

found an older diver 362.00 that should work or no?

That should work, yes.

Kyle Rodgers

It can also be caused if you are using FSDT's addon manager. When I updated mine to the 3.2 compatible version it stopped crashing.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020