Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Reports on Dovetail Flight School at Insomnia57

Computer Gaming fair Insomnia57 in Birmingham this weekend will be the first public presentation of Dovetail's Flight School due at the end of April (http://www.dtgflightschool.com/). Aimee and Martin from Dovetail will be present there.

It would be nice to see some reports - maybe even photos or videoclips? - by those who are lucky to attend in this thread.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for the link. I see four screenshots that I have not seen before. Looking better than the earlier shots. :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

This is the only one that I could find. Looks like they had a compact setup there with the space they had. Ill keep my eyes peeled for any new shots.

dtgfs.png

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Found this video, looks like FSX style Mission system being used

I have to admit, that Cub model looks really damn nice. The reflections and instruments look awesome. I guess we will have to see more of it to get a better feel for its performance and features but it looks visually promising so far. Cant wait to see that the full flight sim brings to the table!

Josh Daniels-Johannson

If that landing lesson is supposed to be at EGLM White Waltham, why do the runways look like they are asphalt? White Waltham has three grass runways.....

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

So pre-order from tomorrow? At least we'll find out how much they're charging for it. I'll certainly cough up for a punt to see what it's like.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Found this video, looks like FSX style Mission system being used

Awesome video featuring the back of my head! 

- Martin 

Another video of the landing lesson clearly shows that the runways are grass, so evidently I need to visit SpecSavers!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another video of the landing lesson clearly shows that the runways are grass, so evidently I need to visit SpecSavers!

Yeah, I think the camera is deceiving. I agree that in the first video it appeared to be asphalt, but in the other video you are referring to, you can see that they appear to be dirt/grass strips that are enhanced to make it easier for the user to see where to land. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Yeah, I think the camera is deceiving. I agree that in the first video it appeared to be asphalt, but in the other video you are referring to, you can see that they appear to be dirt/grass strips that are enhanced to make it easier for the user to see where to land. 

Holy smoke batman! I do believe they must have patched the release between videos or using two separate builds... I’ve seen both videos 3 times each and I’m convinced that it’s definitely asphalt on the original and dirt on the new or are we looking at different airfields... How can that be!

Just like to add also, the number of objects being rendered on the screen is impressive and the frame rate hardly seems to be affected, of course DTG could be using a meaty rig but Im hopeful for decent performance. Personally I don't like the horizon being that clear (this is England people) and would probably bring in visibility a touch.

if you compare the hardware requirements published today under http://store.steampowered.com/app/441920/ I would call them rather mild for a flight simulator. I say this in hope Flight School will indeed run resonably on such a machine and excellently on a state of the art one (by which I don't mean a highly overclocked water-cooled SLI-2-Titan monster).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Holy smoke batman! I do believe they must have patched the release between videos or using two separate builds... I’ve seen both videos 3 times each and I’m convinced that it’s definitely asphalt on the original and dirt on the new or are we looking at different airfields... How can that be!

Just like to add also, the number of objects being rendered on the screen is impressive and the frame rate hardly seems to be affected, of course DTG could be using a meaty rig but Im hopeful for decent performance. Personally I don't like the horizon being that clear (this is England people) and would probably bring in visibility a touch.

We didn't change a thing. It is the same demo. I think it is just a trick of the camera. As for the PC we were using a pretty standard i5. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 1