Sign in to follow this  
Scott Johnson

Saitek controlers no longer work in P3D, yet are fine in Win10

Hey all,

I rarely reach out but i'm at my wits end here.

After upgrading to win10 Build 14291.rs1, my Saitek yoke, throttle and rudders are now utterly useless in Prepar3D. The frustrating part is win10 see's them working perfectly. They are fully functional when I look at their configs. They are powered fine? Latest drivers are installed, however when I launch Prepar3D I face the following problem.

1) They are listed as controlers (even ticked as active) yet there is zero response from any device.

2) Even FSUIPC doesn't recognise their input so I can't "go around the back way".

I've uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, changed USB's, Re-installed the client, deleted config files... I'm out of ideas....

HALP :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Latest drivers installed - which ones saitek - dump those and use SPAD - tons of topics here on that - its not windows 10 - works fine here

HI Scott, I use the Saitek yoke and three stick combo and like you had enormous problems. So, try this, assuming you have the latest drivers. If you look on the front of the triple stick controller, you might see a flashing green LED. If your setup is like mine, you have it plugged into one of three usb slots on the yoke. simply, unplug the controller and then plug it back in. If all is well, the flashing green will turn solid green.

I similarly have a CH rudder pedal system plugged into the yoke. I also unplug and replug it before every flight session. 

fwiw, I am still running W7, but I have used W10 and the procedure worked for me with that OS. I had some other W10 issues and went back to W7, though I suspect that somewhere down the line, I will give W10 another try. So it goes with this obsessive-compulsive hobby of ours.  :-). 

Good luck,

Sherm