Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Does shared cockpit work in P3D?

I saw a few videos awhile ago on people sharing cockpits during flights and I'm wondering if this is possible in the latest P3D 3.2? I would like to fly with a friend using the PMDG 777/737. Would be nice to have a real life co-pilot who you can talk to while flying instead of using FS2Crew.

If anyone knows anything about this and how to get it up and running, please post here. I don't even know what sort of software I need or if this is a built-in feature.

Thanks

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

CLICK HERE

We also have a Shared Cockpit forum here on AVSIM.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well.. If you're gonna be a wise-a** at least make the search you send him to correct.. He asked specifically for shared cockpit *in P3D*....

• Upvote 1

Carlos,

The next time you decide to swoop in with your cape on, try to consider the entire picture.

I did not provide the OP with the answer to his question, I provided him with a means to answer it himself.

Think of it other way:

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

If helping the OP is the goal, then I would politely point out to you that the information I provided to the OP (in a friendly way no less) might very well help him in many other areas.

The other thing I would say is that you just did what you accused me of.

But thanks for your input.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

Thank you so much Father dave...it is Easter...and most appropriate for Holier-than-Thou-ness...

Friar Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

It's a funny old thing this 'Google is your friend' answer to questions. On one hand it's right, make people think for themselves, use a little initiative. On the other hand, without giving a proper, useful answer to a legitimate question, what would we have to Google? Google is always my first port of call for any PC/sim problems and the answers always come from a forum.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Chas,

You did not feel this way when I was helping you.  Beyond that, I'll just consider the source.

Dave Hodges

Chas,

You did not feel this way when I was helping you.  Beyond that, I'll just consider the source.

That was then...

Have a lovely evening....y'all

C

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thanks for the help guys... now is there anyone successfully using this in the latest P3D v3.2 that flies with the PMDG 777/737 or Aerosoft Airbus 320/321?

I figure this would be a great way for a captain to show me  what I'm missing from gate to departure to arrival and parked at the gate. I have never flown 1 complete successful flight yet for the many years that I've spent trying to learn on my own. It's a bit complex and til this day I am still having lots of questions that I just don't really understand. I figure if someone is willing to be the captain and I can be their first officer by using this shared cockpit together to fly a few flights would be a great tool for learning the ins and outs.

I'm not entirely new to flight sims, since i've been practicing on and off for about 2-3 years now. No matter how much I read or try to understand the answer to some of my questions. I still don't completely understand a few things. 

Would someone mind doing a multiplayer session with me using shared cockpit so that we can fly together while getting some hands on training as well. :)

Thanks in advance for all your help.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The A321 will work even between FSX and P3D it's your best bet without an additional software required. Seriously take a look at OVPA's site, I'm not a member there but they have a ton of valuable  information and resources. 

If you're serious about it, it will take a bit of reading to get going but it's worth the effort . If you are just looking to jump in the only thing you can use is a default aircraft on a multiplayer server ( that is if the host even allows it) or host your own game.

edit: better yet go grab the Majestic Q400 (also works between sims) hands down best shared cockpit next to the maddog 

edit 2: A321 and Majestic don't even need to be on a multiplayer server to connect to each other  that's why they are the highest recommendation, PMDG, not so much until they get their software working in a shared cockpit environment( and they ARE working on this)

Chas,

Dave,

I was debating on doing this as a private message but if I am wrong, I  want to make amends publicly.  

Responding to your statement"...when I was helping you....", I'm not sure that I recall your handle on Avsim, but there been a lot of people that have been of help to me. I should have, and  believe I have, offered (a) vociferous"Thank You(s)" to each and every one of them..

If I neglected to thank you for your help, then I most abjectly apologize and offer a hearty "thank you!"

By the way Dave,are you the Dave over at the  OVPA site? If so, and even if not, this topic bears my mentioning https://youtu.be/62858LNHbg8 

I just belatedly listened to this great podcast Hosted by a "Dave", with the devs from Majestic and Aerosoft. Terrific!

I can't wait to try it but ...

critical info on security seems missing ...I quote from the OVPA site.

"Computer Security - IMPORTANT!!!

Shared/Connected Flight Deck requires pilots to connect their computers, and this can be VERY RISKY. To mitigate these risks, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND all users read our Shared Cockpit Computer Security Guide (available HERE) and never, ever use Hamachi or any other type of VPN software. Those having problems connecting to shared cockpit AFTER going through all the steps in the Setup Guide, please see our Troubleshooting Guide HERE."

please advise...and

Sincere thanks for all, and EVERYONE's help over the years!!!!

Chas