Sign in to follow this  
Raul87

Saving/Loading Panel State

Hello, it's been a while for me since I played fs 2004 so I'm a bit rusty. I know you can save flights but I am wondering if you could load the panel state from one flight to another one, like for example, I have a flight saved with the cessna 172 in a cold and dark state and i want to use that same configuration in another flight. Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Raul.

Always nice to meet a returnee...

One way of doing this:

Open the saved flight, move the aircraft to wherever, change aircraft if required, and save the new flight.

Panel state is preserved.

Thanks a lot. I actually thought there was a way of loading the panel state after choosing my flight but I could be wrong. I know Level-D had an option like this but it is not the same for the simulator's airplanes and other add-ons.  

OK I follow now - it certainly isn't a stock feature.

There was a randomising routine written for the PMDG B747 startup panel, haven't come across a utility that does what you are describing though.

Hi Raul, try searching on simMarket for FSPS - FLIGHT SIMULATOR MANAGER - FREE. Sorry I can't post a link for some reason, but this utility seems to set any situation you select for any aircraft you choose.

Do any of you know by any chance if the Dreamfleet Piper Archer II works on Windows 7 64 bit? I realize it is not officially supported but the Baron 58 works fine on my system except for the garmin. I would like to get that plane and try it out.

Hi Raul, try searching on simMarket for FSPS - FLIGHT SIMULATOR MANAGER - FREE. Sorry I can't post a link for some reason, but this utility seems to set any situation you select for any aircraft you choose.

OK I follow now - it certainly isn't a stock feature.

There was a randomising routine written for the PMDG B747 startup panel, haven't come across a utility that does what you are describing though.

Hey guys, many thanks for the advise. I have another question for you, off topic but maybe you can help. I know all of the Dreamfleet aircraft are not supported for Windows 7 64bit, but do you know by any chance if the Piper Archer III, the Piper Dakota and the Bonanza A36 work with that operating system? The Baron 58 works fine except for the Garmin but I can live with that. Any thoughts?

I thought that it was just the RXP gauges which didn't work in Windows 7 64bit.  If you ask over at the Flight1 forum I'm sure they will give you a definitive answer.

Dijvid

I thought that it was just the RXP gauges which didn't work in Windows 7 64bit.  If you ask over at the Flight1 forum I'm sure they will give you a definitive answer.

Dijvid

Hey Dijvid,

That's apparently the case. I just would like to hear some feedback from someone that has any of these airplanes in Windows 7 64 bit because there seems to be some mixed results. The Beech A36 for example does not appear to use Reality XP gauges except for the Garmin and the weather radar. I think it is different for the Piper Archer III and the Piper Dakota. I'm also not too good with messing around with the configuration file, so I would prefer to avoid that unless it is a simple procedure. If the problem is only with the Garmin then I can live with that, but if the issue is with the flight instruments, that's a different story.