Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Headphone vs speakers

I am more confused now. The topic is Headphones vs Speakers.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't speakers those things which emit sound waves which can get very loud if amplified. Headphones fit over the ears so that the person wearing them get hear loud sounds without them going any further. 

If I am wrong could you please state where, and as this forum doesn't usually go in for insults, as politely as possible.

Alan.  Have you read any of this thread?  The guy is clearly asking about what headphones to buy and their comparative cost to speakers.

Have a great day and enjoy.

Jas

Headphones give you more immersive experience and I always fly with them on.

I have Sennheiser 555, but those are open headphones, which replicates the sound better, but without bass boost. It is a plus for me, but most people prefer bass than quality of sound.

Before buying any specific model you could go to some larger store and try different headphones by yourself.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Headphones give you more immersive experience and I always fly with them on.

I have Sennheiser 555, but those are open headphones, which replicates the sound better, but without bass boost. It is a plus for me, but most people prefer bass than quality of sound.

Before buying any specific model you could go to some larger store and try different headphones by yourself.

555s are nice phones but do not include a microphone. Very important to understand that an open/closed design and sonic accuracy are not exclusive, ie: closed does not bass boost in a proper design. Nor does open ensure linear reproduction.

Certainly, trying an array of quality headsets with your own program material is the way to go if that's an option.

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 16GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck