Sign in to follow this  
nerrad33

FSUIPC Joystick setting don't work

I'm trying to use FSUIPC to set up CH Yoke, Quad, and pedals, I read a guide by John Cook. The first thing he tells you to do, the first thing, is to disable the controllers. I do this and start FSUIPC. Mr Cook writes that we are not going to use FSX or CH's Control Manager to assign and calibrate the yoke, quad, and pedals; great that's why purchased it. I proceed to assign all my axis. I follow his directions to the tee. That's it. There are no directions to do anything when a get out of FSUIPC. No enable the controllers, no assign axis in the setting, nothing. I'm at the controls of my 172SP, guess what, nothing works. Rudder left, rudder doesn't move, elevator; forward, back, nothing. Why?

I'm trying to use FSUIPC to set up CH Yoke, Quad, and pedals, I read a guide by John Cook. The first thing he tells you to do, the first thing, is to disable the controllers. I do this and start FSUIPC. Mr Cook writes that we are not going to use FSX or CH's Control Manager to assign and calibrate the yoke, quad, and pedals; great that's why purchased it. I proceed to assign all my axis. I follow his directions to the tee. That's it. There are no directions to do anything when a get out of FSUIPC. No enable the controllers, no assign axis in the setting, nothing. I'm at the controls of my 172SP, guess what, nothing works. Rudder left, rudder doesn't move, elevator; forward, back, nothing. Why?

I would do a search for 'how to set up FSuipc4- youtube'.  you should get some hits. The one by Froogle is good.

bob

Couple of things.

When assigning axis make sure the radio button 'send direct to fsuipc calibration' is checked. Then after assigning axis, go into joystick calibration and set min max and middle settings for each of the throttle handles appropriate e.g throttle, flaps, Rudder, trim etc.

Query fsuipc guide FSX on Google and you will find several help guides. Also read through the manual provided.

Hope this helps

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Thanks guys. I just got a little frustrated. Didn't read enough of the guide. Bob, I watched the video, thanks. I think I understand where I was making my mistakes. Have to take my time.

Id also not install the controller drivers, I just use the deafult, as they may grab the controller functions.

Id also not install the controller drivers, I just use the deafult, as they may grab the controller functions.

If your talking about the CH Control manager Software, then yes I do not have it installed , I just use FSUIPC4 to assign and calibrate the controls.

bob