Sign in to follow this  
stans

A Piper Chieftain for FSX/P3D announced

It will be from Alabeo, so my guess is they will borrow much from the Carenado Piper Navajo.  But, it is a Chieftain and looks like there will be two models, one with winglets, one without.

http://flightsimcentral.net/alabeo-announces-pa-31-350-chieftain-fsxp3d/

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My one request is they model engine temperature accurately it is not that difficult a wonderful user Autogyro has done it for some Carenado airplanes on his own time.

My request is that they properly model the fuel system. Carenado did it with the Cessna C340, but not with the Piper PA31 Navajo. 

bah.....glass panels. Would have been great with the Navajo cockpit layout.

I emailed Carenado asking for them to produce a Cheyenne 400LS.

The Cheyenne 400 is the undisputed speed champ of civilian turboprops not to mention the coolest looking too!

bah.....glass panels. Would have been great with the Navajo cockpit layout.

Oh, no!  I feared that Alabeo, in order to differentiate themselves from the Carenado Navajo, would do something like this.  I, too, was hoping for a more traditional panel.

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/4/10/alabeos-chieftian-final-round

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I agree, why can't a developer just model an aircraft like it actually was when in service.This fascination with installing the latest and greatest push here dummy avionics is never ending, how about focusing on making it accurate to the era for a change. I will pass on this one.

Gary Stewart

Oh, no!  I feared that Alabeo, in order to differentiate themselves from the Carenado Navajo, would do something like this.  I, too, was hoping for a more traditional panel.

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/4/10/alabeos-chieftian-final-round

I agree, why can't a developer just model an aircraft like it actually was when in service.This fascination with installing the latest and greatest push here dummy avionics is never ending, how about focusing on making it accurate to the era for a change. I will pass on this one.

Yes, and so useless and unlike the real avionics that the only thing they are useful for is the FPS hit.

Shame. May have to just get the Navajo instead. It looks reasonable and seems to have good feedback. Too bad, I really wanted the Chieftain......

Yes, and so useless and unlike the real avionics that the only thing they are useful for is the FPS hit.

Shame. May have to just get the Navajo instead. It looks reasonable and seems to have good feedback. Too bad, I really wanted the Chieftain......

I have the Navajo, avionics and instruments are exactly what you would find in a good number of Navajos still flying.  I really wanted more seats and wing lockers for charter ops as the Carenado Navajo has only 4 seats in the back and no lockers.  The only knocks I can really give the Navajo is the fuel system.  It drains the auxiliary tanks first, regardless of what tanks the fuel selectors are set to and the fuel quantity gauges show the total fuel in the wings, not individual tanks.

Like the Carenado Beech 1900D, with an Avitrash and two Garmin GNS530's?  An avionics system that you might see in a B1900 ordered for or upgraded for use as an executive transport aircraft, but certainly not as a short haul regional airliner.

Has anyone taken the plunge on this one?

Mario Di Lauro