Sign in to follow this  
joshuadouch

Range Check Error LINDA 2.6.7

Whenever I open LINDA I get an error saying Range Check Error.

This also occurs when I try to exit. LINDA also does not function (when I press a button it does not press it in P3D when assigned) It also does not highlight the button number.

I have seen other articles but their solutions have not fixed mine.

I have tried:

- Fresh install of LINDA and FSUIPC

Thank you very much.

LINDA 2.6.3 v2 has not solved my issue.

Hi Joshua

Welcome to LINDA. I sorry to hear you are by having problems. Is this the first time you have tried to use LINDA? Please follow the reporting procedure at http://www.avsim.com/topic/453538-linda-problem-and-fault-diagnosis-guidance-please-read/ and I will see what I can do to help get you sorted out.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

This is not my first time using it. Well I have never used it long term but a while ago I tested a button for my overhead panel then when I get P3D i tested again. Both worked fine then. Now a couple of months on without using P3D or LINDA at all I finally completed my overhead panel but when I tried to use it I get the error.

1. Ver 2.6.8 (147) (But in the title bar it says 2.6.3? (2.6.3 v2))

2. Aerosoft Airbus 4.3

3. P3D v3

4. A318/319/320/321

5. I get the error when opening LINDA.exe then get the error when I attempt to exit but it refuses to exit. Does not highlight button no. when pressed and even when I assign a known button no. to a function it does not work.

6. Read 5.

7. Nothing happens in the console after reload after *** START ***

Thank you, I hope this helps.

Can you remind what problem you had when I sent you the test build?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I do not remember you sending me a test build, the only issue I have ever had is how to install on P3D. Which I did not realize was the same as FSX.

Thanks

I do not know if this helps but when I start P3D with LINDA open, I get an error message about simconnect from Ezdok. This only happens when LINDA is open to begin with? 

Thanks

Thanks Joshua. First I recommend you download the current version 2.6.7 again. For P3D you need to drag the contents of the main LINDA download into your P3D directory. In the P3D/modules directory you will then have 2 folders /linda and /linda-cfg. You also need in there your full paid version of FSUIPC4. When you start P3D try one of the default aircraft like the Beechcraft Baron 58. Then start LINDA. You then need to make sure that the Default FSX appears at the top and outlined in orange (click FSX Sync) if not. Once we get this default set up working then we can move onto the Airbus.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you, sadly I still get the error with 2.6.7. The numbers are also not highlighted and I assigned one of my buttons to pushback back in the baron 58 and still nothing :( My FSUIPC4 paid is in there as far as I can see, should I try uninstalling fsuipc and reinstalling it? Last time I just reinstalled without uninstalling. 

Thanks!

There is something wrong with your setup that is causing the error. It is something like the aircraft lists not being correct or something with Simconnect. Which version of P3D are you using? I am assuming that you have had LINDA working before with FSX or a previous version of P3D (2.5, 3.0, etc).You also mentioned EzDok. Do you have any other add ons installed? Can you try starting with just P3D nothing else? Also please email me the fsuipc4.log file in the /modules directory (linda@awginfosys.net). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

P3Dv3 (I think it is v3.1?)

Yes I did have it working with FSX and I tested it working when I first installed P3D but before installing my addons so my addons must be causing the issue. I have:

- Ezdok

- Fsdreamteam GSX

- FSUIPC

I will attempt to start P3D with nothing else then email you.

Thanks.

Started with nothing else except FSUIPC and still all same issues.

Emailing now.

Thanks

The log looks alright. LINDA is starting and logging correctly. The last line reports the initialisation completed. I would ask you to edit the file config-vri.lua in /modules/system/ after making a copy first. Change line VRI["DEBUG"]=1 to =2. Then rerun the start up and email me the fsuipc4.log file. Also try unplugging all your USB devices except your Saitek ones. Rerun and email me that log. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

How many P3D windows do you or have you had open? The range check error is coming from the problematic routine that is hitting errors with opening 2D windows (like exterior or panel views). I am not sure how this works with P3D.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I do not think I have ever had more than one window open on P3D? What should I do? Is reinstalling P3D the only thing I can do? I have already done so 4 times because of different issues when I first got P3D!

Thanks

No don't do anything. Can you just do a screenshot of the Range Check Error for me? I will send you a link to a new build but it won't be until tomorrow (by 1200 GMT).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK