Sign in to follow this  
FifthBiz

VAS issues on new voice 2.0

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the new version of the voice/button control. I'm running it on voice control, and after take-off, my VAS is jumping from 3200mb to 3900mb, which pretty much gives me an OOM before landing. I've found as a workaround, that after take-off, turning the voice off and then on kicks off about 600mb off the VAS usage, but this is a bit inconvenient. Not sure you're aware of any potential memory leaks, but wanted to let you know about this.

Thanks

If you had a memory leak, your VAS would spin out of control and not stop.

Check your 3rd party scenery.  The vast majority of VAS issues are associated with 3rd party scenery that eat up huge textures.

To test, try flying again, but fly somewhere away from any 3rd party scenery.

Cheers,

Then why does me turning off voice and turning it on in the same flight reduce my VAS usage by 600mb? Or starting it up at the same airport with button control have less VAS usage? The only time I've ever OOM'ed using the Q400 is after this new patch. Without toggling the voice, I OOM every flight. I don't think it's an airport or scenery issue.

Then why does me turning off voice and turning it on in the same flight reduce my VAS usage by 600mb? Or starting it up at the same airport with button control have less VAS usage? The only time I've ever OOM'ed using the Q400 is after this new patch. Without toggling the voice, I OOM every flight. I don't think it's an airport or scenery issue.

Please see this thread.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/420220-so-how-much-virtual-memory-does-fs2crew-use-anyway/?hl=%2Bmemory#entry2794895

FS2Crew's voice memory usage is low, less than 200 MBs in general, which is very minimal.  Button control will naturally use less memory than voice because button is much simpler  than voice.

We have 1000s of Dash 8 users.  No has ever reported an OOM before.

Please check the Avsim forums for minimizing VAS; there are numerous methods you can use to reduce memory usage.