Sign in to follow this  
Maestaru

Cannot Save "Runway/Starting Position"

In Free Flight, I can save a plane, the weather, the date and airport (for example CYVR) all as default settings.  Then, under the airport I select "runway/starting position" and choose "Park 4 Ramp GA Med" and save all this as my default.  The problem is when I start FSX again, everything returns as desired except the starting position is now "Active Runway."

If I load a plane and choose "fly now" I am placed on whatever location I chose before.  The weird part is, if I take that successfully loaded plane and make it default, the next time I start FSX the plane location is replaced by Active Runway.

So the problem here seems to be contained to the default "runway/starting position" setting. 

Does anyone know of a fix that a novice like me can understand/implement?  Appreciate some help.

Cheers,

Maestaru

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When you set that flight up with the GA ramp medium starting position, etc, etc did you also put a check mark

in the "Save as Default" box as well as hit the Save button?  It almost sounds like you did 2 saves, but

it just may be my interpretation of your first 2 sentences.

A quick, curious question.  Why are you changing your "Default Flight"?  Will you always be starting from

CYVR and that same Med. Ramp position?  Or are you just using the "Default Flight" so you can set

you aircraft for a cold and dark startup scenario?

I have several very different planes (Carenado Ceneca II, Real Air Duke Turbine V2, Carenado King Air and the just-purchased Carenado Citation CJ2).  Since these are a mix of different propulsion systems they require different configurations).  I fly mostly out of Vancouver as that is where I live, and I mostly fly the CJ2.  I use the same ramp as it is opposite the heavies and gives me a perfect view of 26Lrunway activity.   These are the main reasons why I use a default config.  If I am using another plane, or am taking off from another airport, I load those settings accordingly.

Hope this helps to explain my OCD approach to setup :)

Cheers,

M

• Upvote 1

I remember something about not using a payware aircraft for setting up a "Default Flight" situation.  I would try

doing what you are trying but use a simple aircraft like the C-172 or Baron58.  Once that is successful, then

choosing your payware CJ2 and then hitting "Fly Now" should work.

Hi Maestaru,

maybe trying the following helps with your problem:

Most pilots load a saved flight by first starting FSX and after that loading the saved flight. In many cases this doesn't work as desired. But if you instead navigate to the Windows user directory where all your saved FSX flights are stored and double click on the flight in question (there are several files with the same name but a different file extension, you will need to double click the one showing the FSX icon with the "fssave"-extension), FSX will start and you should see your aircraft in the state that had been saved.

Peter

@Charliearon and Lindbergh:  I tried your workarounds and they were both successful.  Took a bit of digging to find these files, but I have a shortcut now and am good to go.

Thanks to everyone for your guidance.

M