Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

USB microphone not working in game

Works in Windows, but it appears to not be picking my voice in game...no green subtitles being displayed. What do I need to do?

Works in Windows, but it appears to not be picking my voice in game...no green subtitles being displayed. What do I need to do?

Are you able to run the Microsoft voice training?

Try using a different port.

Ensure your port is not going to sleep.

Ensure all your drivers are up-to-date.

Cheers,

Obvious  question here

1   have  you ticked  the hs  and  is  the voice  option displayed  on the  main  fscrew panel

2  in the config  section have  you said  yes  to display the green text

3  and  in the audio  section  have  you selected  the right head  set  for  you have  installed

4  you havnt  selected  the mute  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are you able to run the Microsoft voice training?

Try using a different port.

Ensure your port is not going to sleep.

Ensure all your drivers are up-to-date.

Cheers,

Switched ports, nothing. Ran microsoft voice training, nothing. Sometimes when I announce "Set" loudly I will see it in green, but other than than, nothing. 

Obvious  question here

1   have  you ticked  the hs  and  is  the voice  option displayed  on the  main  fscrew panel

2  in the config  section have  you said  yes  to display the green text

3  and  in the audio  section  have  you selected  the right head  set  for  you have  installed

4  you havnt  selected  the mute  at all

Yes on all 4

You said  it  works  in windows  but  doesn't   work  in voice training?  ever thought it  could  be  your  head  set  could be  the issue?  havnt  got  another  one  lying  around  by any chance

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You said  it  works  in windows  but  doesn't   work  in voice training?  ever thought it  could  be  your  head  set  could be  the issue?  havnt  got  another  one  lying  around  by any chance

Agreed, if you can't run the Microsoft voice training, then something is wrong with your headset... or you have some kind of computer/hardware issue.

Try swapping in a different headset to isolate.

For clarification, Micrsoft voice training works. I can records perfectly clear recorder files, and my microphone works great on teamspeak. Just doesn't work in fs2crew. I'm at a loss...

Ok  in your  fsx  sound  setting s  have  you selected  in the sound  section you selected  the right  speakers  and  in the voice have  you selected  the headset  for  your pc?

Peter kelberg

Ok  in your  fsx  sound  setting s  have  you selected  in the sound  section you selected  the right  speakers  and  in the voice have  you selected  the headset  for  your pc?

Yes indeed

By any chance   does  it  work on other   aircraft  fscrew   iam talking  about  eg  777,  q400  that if  you  have  it  of  course? if  it  works  than might be  a idea  to  re install  fsacrew  for  the ngx  than

Peter kelberg

Its the soundblaster tactic alpha. I just reinstalled FSX Gold/Accelleration. DOES NOT WORK WITH THE 777 OR DASH 8 EITHER

SDK entry is in ngx options.ini

by any  chance  you havnt  being  playing  with the program  System mechanic(  cant  remember  the exact  but  it  similair  to  cc cleaner) since  that hoses  your  voice trainingg

Peter kelberg

No I haven't

The fact that my microphone records files well and performs flawlessly on teamspeak leads me to believe this may be a software issue within FS2Crew. I've used the same combo of software/headphone w mic flawlessly before. 

Than  when it  worked  before   and  now  what other  addons  have  you installed since  if  it  worked  before  and  not  now  is a mystery?

Peter kelberg