Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

USB microphone not working in game

Than  when it  worked  before   and  now  what other  addons  have  you installed since  if  it  worked  before  and  not  now  is a mystery?

have reinstalled all the same stuff as before. I'm at a total loss I've googled the issue and several people have reported similar problems but no one had published a solid fix. 

Any ideas? I'm thinking about picking up a new USB headset to see if that solves it. Otherwise my microphone appears to be working in all aspects of my computers operation other than fs2 crew

Ok so I purchased a new USB headset microphone (SoundBlaster EVO). I reinstalled the NGX, and reinstalled FS2Crew. Same problem. I just purchased NGX reboot and am slightly frustrated the siftware is not even working...

The Dash 8 and 777 use the same system as Reboot NGX.

So if the Dash 8 and 777 worked before for you, and I assume they did since you bought them all, then something is amiss on your computer, especially if a new headset didn't do the trick.

Are you running any programs in the background like Skype, Teamspeak, etc., that may be "grabbing" the microphone input?

Try shutting down all background processes that aren't relevent, then try again.

Failing that, send me a Support Ticket, and I'll try to help you via a remote destop.

We recently had another user with the exact same situation.

I emailed him and asked him how he solved it.

Looks like there was a problem with his USB port.

This is his reply:

Hey thanks for following up with me I completely forgot to email you back. What I did was move the headset from the front port to the back port. Then went through the voice recognition training again and it worked. I have no idea why the front port didn't work right in the first place. 

Thanks again for the help! 

byork, I deleted and reinstalled my microphone headset drivers, and ran speech recognition through the first training session and into the optional second training session. It appears my FS2Crew is now working correctly. Given FS2Crew has worked flawlessly in the past, I did not think it was the program itself, just a confusing software issue somewhere. Thanks!

byork, I deleted and reinstalled my microphone headset drivers, and ran speech recognition through the first training session and into the optional second training session. It appears my FS2Crew is now working correctly. Given FS2Crew has worked flawlessly in the past, I did not think it was the program itself, just a confusing software issue somewhere. Thanks!

Glad you got it sorted!   I'm pretty sure it was just your headset drivers that just needed refreshing/updating.

Cheers,