Sign in to follow this  
TerryS

Deactivation problem

Hello, I have the 737 and 777 for P3D installed and, well, they were working! I have a lot of other addons and today I updated P3D from 3.1 to 3.2 by uninstalling and reinstalling the client only to save me having to reinstall everything. Needless to say P3D now crashes on start-up with the faulting module being ai_player.dll. I have tried everything to resolve this by disabling all ai and scenery which contains ai but its too hard now and not worth wasting any more time. I cant get past the loading screen. I have decided to do a complete reinstall but I know from previous experience that I must deactivate the 777 and 737 through the FMC. What happens if I cant even load P3D, how do I deactivate? Is there any other way? Its a bit of a pain having to wait on the license being authorised again and I was told off the last time in a nice way!

Terry

Core i7 8700K @ 5.0, 2080 Ti FE, 32Gb 3600 RAM, M.2 SSD, Valve Index. 

You only have to deactivate if you're completely reinstalling Windows from fresh. Reinstalling P3D will keep the NGX/777 activated, just remember to install the simconnect libraries.

Needless to say P3D now crashes on start-up with the faulting module being ai_player.dll. I have tried everything to resolve this by disabling all ai and scenery which contains ai but its too hard now and not worth wasting any more time.

Update your your Add-On manager (FSDT and FlightBeam Airports use it).

What happens if I cant even load P3D, how do I deactivate? Is there any other way? Its a bit of a pain having to wait on the license being authorised again and I was told off the last time in a nice way!

This only needs to occur if you're changing computers, hardware (esp HDDs/SSDs), or reimaging your machine. Uninstalling P3D won't cause any issues, but your issues are likely those of incompatibility.

Update ASN. Update your Add On Support Programs (i.e. update the FSDT/FB Add On Manager), and it may prompt you to update your orbx libs if you have orbx stuff.

An uninstall/reinstall of P3D shouldn't be necessary. Just make sure everything is updated for those other programs.

Kyle Rodgers