Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Found a cure for tearing.

So I have been having problems with tearing in 3.2. I had been trying to fix with inspector and nvidia control panel with no luck. Today I came across where if you change your desktop theme to Aero it would get rid of tearing. Happy to report that not only did it get rid of the tearing it got rid of the stutters too. Before I changed my setting I was getting around 30 fps avg. now getting mid 40's. Thought I would share this if anyone has been having trouble with this.

Kevin Humphryes

No you only have to tell me how to activate Aero under Win 10.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

No you only have to tell me how to activate Aero under Win 10.

Not sure if this will work in Windows 10, but running the following in a batch file in Windows 7 does the trick.

net stop uxsms

net start uxsms

Ernest Pergrem

Windows 10 doesn't have Aero, but the necessary process for that, is activated by default. This information is only for Windows Vista and 7

There is something very interesting here regarding to Aero for Windows 8, 8,1 and 10: http://www.glass8.eu/

Walter Almaraz

4.jpg

Noting wrong Kevin, for Win 7 users it might work. I didn't follow closely development, somewhere it was state Win 10 would get "Aero glass". If someone more knowledeable can report on Aero working/not working in Win 10 that would be great.

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I didn't have win 10 long enough to know. I am just glad I finally got it running smooth! Was so happy I needed to share.

Kevin Humphryes

Tearing is usually caused when VSYNC is off and you get frame spikes above the capabilities of your monitor. Turning Aero on may appear to solve the issue because the reduction of system performance using it reduces the chance of those spikes occurring . Turning VSYNC on should cure the issue, especially if you set it lower then your monitors refresh rate. I use 1/2 refresh on my system.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have vsync on but it didn't change anything as far as tearing. So i would turn monitor to 30hz if I have 60hz monitor.

Kevin Humphryes

Tearing is usually caused when VSYNC is off and you get frame spikes above the capabilities of your monitor. Turning Aero on may appear to solve the issue because the reduction of system performance using it reduces the chance of those spikes occurring . Turning VSYNC on should cure the issue, especially if you set it lower then your monitors refresh rate. I use 1/2 refresh on my system.

That's all very confusing, as I keep hearing NI Vsync (like 1/2) doesn't work in P3D at all. See the P3D forum for complaints.

Kind regards, Michael

That's all very confusing, as I keep hearing NI Vsync (like 1/2) doesn't work in P3D at all. See the P3D forum for complaints.

Kind regards, Michael

Sorry I have FSX which has a force VSYNC setting in it's fsx.cfg file. I assumed P3D had something similar. I did find this which may help, search the page for VSYNC and it tells you what to do.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/settings/display/graphics_settings.html

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks Tom,

yes, I know, but the P3D internal Vsync does not work the the same way as NI Vsync (say 1/2 or 1/3) worked in FSX. The culprit is the missing true fullscreen setting in P3D.

Actually, I don't have tearing myself during nomal flying and mild panning the view, however when panning very quickly. I think my ultrawide screen (3440x1440) contributes to this.

Kind regards, Michael