Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Piaggio Avanti cabin pressurisation problems

Greetings Mario!

First of all thank you so much for your lovely freeware Avanti. It was the first aircraft I obtained and installed after I recently purchased FSX:SE. It's a joy to fly when I don't feel like taking the heavies out of the hangar ;)

Anyway, back to the "problem" I have. I heard that it might be down to FSX not saving all the conditions of an aircraft once you save a flight then reload it at a later date, but could you please confirm or deny this?

I'd got up to a cruising altitude of 40000 feet - the cabin pressurisation had been working as it should throughout the flight. After reloading the flight, the warning light was on as was the fault light on the cabin pressure gauge. The oxygen gauge was going down. The battery had a temperature of -60 something degrees which would equate to the OAT I presume! I could not get any manual re-pressurisation to work.

Is there a possible problem, or is it just a feature of the simulator itself? One workaround if I want to do a long range flight is to use time acceleration when I can, yes?

Thanks,

Mark.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hmm... this is as you suggest due to local parameters not being saved... In fact I never attempted saving a flight and resuming it later... generally I do not fly more than 2 hour hops! At such poor initial conditions, the pressurization system safety mechanisms may refuse to get it working... or it simply takes time for the cabin to pressurize... does the cabin variometer show a descent?

You can use time acceleration (But some issues may arise with autopilot or time-dependent variables). I know a gauge that allows me to save local variables for later re-load and may fix this issue for forthcoming releases... I am slowly accumulating little "requests" of this kind for the P-180 and the PD-808, and may one day release a small update for them...

• Upvote 1

signature.jpg

......... does the cabin variometer show a descent?

You can use time acceleration (But some issues may arise with autopilot or time-dependent variables). ........... I am slowly accumulating little "requests" of this kind for the P-180 and the PD-808, and may one day release a small update for them...

Hi,

I don't think it did show a descent.. if repressurisation was working then it would, correct?

Thank you for the reply and the "maybe one day" comment! I for one do not forget that freeware add-ons are volunteered and created because the designer wants to - we should not demand anything from them.  :hi:

CHEERS!

Mark.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If pressurization was working, it will show negative on cabin vario indeed. Perhaps what happens is that with cabin alt at 0 (parameter not initialized)  and aircraft at 40K the cabin safety valve popped... now that I think of it, this is very likely!

• Upvote 1

signature.jpg

I know this is a bit of a necropost, but this forum isn't too busy. I also note that you've been active on your website recently, so I was wondering if you may have the time to look at the Avanti pressurisation issue, either having the plane save the pressurisation parameter somehow, or just a workaround to stop the safety valve popping thus allowing the cabin to re-pressurise after re-loading a flight. (Not ideal in terms of system reality, but OK for a bit of pretence I think).

Mark Robinson