Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

777 performance vs 737

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'll ask anyway.

How's the 777 performance in comparison to the NGX?

Basically if the NGX works well, could one assume the 777 would work well also?

Thanks.

Jeff Calder

On my old AMD machine (FX 6200 3.8 ghz, GTX 550ti) the 777 performed a little better than the NGX, so in my opinion that is a safe assumption.

• Upvote 1

Richard P. Kelly

My machine is old too.  i7 920 at 3.8 ghz, GTX 480.  NGX works just fine.

Jeff Calder

I would say the 777 performs slightly lesser in terms of FPS, at least in the VC. Exterior models are pretty much the same in my experience. I've got an i5 4690k and a gtx 960. Overall thouigh, both have fairly good FPS, and sometimes better than the Aerosoft A320, interestingly.

Overall thouigh, both have fairly good FPS, and sometimes better than the Aerosoft A320, interestingly.

Maybe  but  the op question  was  between the  777  and  the  737  so  don't  know  why you brought up  the Aerosoft A320

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I also have an aging machine and while the NGX is perfect, I do have to use a lower-settings profile to run the 777, but not by much.

Mario Di Lauro

I bought and installed the 777 today.

So far I love it.  It's more like my beloved 747, feel right at home in the seat on this thing!

I flew one flight from KPAE to KSFO just to test it out and the approach was nice and smooth.  Tomorrow I might try going into somewhere with payware scenery.  I have FSDT's PHNL, maybe I'll give that a shot.

Jeff Calder

I bought and installed the 777 today.

So far I love it.  It's more like my beloved 747, feel right at home in the seat on this thing!

I flew one flight from KPAE to KSFO just to test it out and the approach was nice and smooth.  Tomorrow I might try going into somewhere with payware scenery.  I have FSDT's PHNL, maybe I'll give that a shot.

You might want to read the Introduction Manual first and then do the Tutorial before trying anymore flights or maybe you don't have any questions and will never have any questions about the T7 so you have no need to read any documentation. Good luck and happy flying.

You might want to read the Introduction Manual first and then do the Tutorial before trying anymore flights or maybe you don't have any questions and will never have any questions about the T7 so you have no need to read any documentation. Good luck and happy flying.

I think everyone should read the tutorial, even if he is an experienced simmer or a real 777 pilot. The tutorial teaches the particularities of the 777 and also how it works/interacts within the FSX environment.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I think everyone should read the tutorial, even if he is an experienced simmer or a real 777 pilot. The tutorial teaches the particularities of the 777 and also how it works/interacts within the FSX environment.

Unfortunately, some people don't. All you need to do is look at some of the questions that are asked on the PMDG Forums.

I spent almost 5 hours reading the tutorial yesterday afternoon before going on the short little flight that I did and spent about an hour just perusing the cockpit after firing it up for the first time.

Jeff Calder