Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

possibly moving to FSX-SE, have ?'s

That shouldn't be a problem. During the first six months, DTG issued several updates to fix problems that had come to light (particularly the  'terrain.dll' crashes) but have now stated that they do not intend to issue any more updates for FSX SE and are

concentrating on developing their own flight sim.

Ah ok thanks, well that works :)

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I suppose that as with any group of installs, you just install one at a time then test it... and repeat!  :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well, I'm definitely impressed with the small performance improvements DTG made.  Especially considering the default TBM is now 160 and I didn't modify it.  I was nearly able to run the NGX through downtown Seattle with Orbx PNW addon and pretty cranked up scenery settings.  Just a bit low on fps and slightly stuttery (about 24fps when locked at 31+half refesh rate), so I'll keep the dialed back LOD, autogen, and scenery density for that in those kinds of areas, but yeah the improvement for something that heavily taxing was noticeable.  FSX Acceleration would drop to around 18 with that kind of test and maybe even get a few blurries still.  Just for reference, that's on a 4790K with all cores running at 4.4 under load (vs. 4ghz on all cores stock) and a GTX 780 in DX10 mode with the Fixer.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I had some initial OOM problems with FSX:SE on Win10 32 bit. I need 32 bit to run some legacy hardware (an early edition TRC472 panel). After tweaking the OS and FSX:SE settings, it's running flawlessly with excellent frame rates. I had to give up a little on my preferred settings, but found a happy medium where it looks good and runs great on a system that was high end about five years ago.