Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Floor

Kai Tak IGS 13 approach on the PMDG 777

A classic approach, the Instrument Guidance System to runway 13 at Kai Tak.

VHHX Charts by Jeppesen
VHHX Charts by the AIP Hong Kong

Real footage: 

Extreme Engineering - Building Hong Kong's Airport:

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Nice video. Just for comparison have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3flqD_Ne6g

This is how it was done in the "old days" without Rnav Vnav FMC etc. This video is the approach to Charlie Hotel and being put into the hold. The hold is flown manually by manual heading inputs. Manual throttle throghout. The IGS is flown with a tailwind. The key to the turn is keeping the football pitch under the right wing.

ATC is PF3.

Just for comparison have a look here https://www.youtube....h?v=i3flqD_Ne6g

This is how it was done in the "old days" without Rnav Vnav FMC etc. This video is the approach to Charlie Hotel and being put into the hold. The hold is flown manually by manual heading inputs. Manual throttle throghout. The IGS is flown with a tailwind

Beautiful, really liked it! I don't understand why people dislike such videos on youtube, they clearly don't understand them. You mind if I link to your video on mine?

The key to the turn is keeping the football pitch under the right wing.

Great tip yes. I just checked and the guide-in lights are just to the left of the pitch.

EDIT: Very nice channel devoted to the VC-10 you have! What's the best VC-10 for a desktop simulator?

Jaime Beneyto

Beautiful, really liked it! I don't understand why people dislike such videos on youtube, they clearly don't understand them. You mind if I link to your video on mine?

Great tip yes. I just checked and the guide-in lights are just to the left of the pitch.

EDIT: Very nice channel devoted to the VC-10 you have! What's the best VC-10 for a desktop simulator?

I'm glad you liked the video and yes I don't mind you linking it. Bear in mind that it was produced by "Amateur Productions inc!" I would really love to see a PMDG level VC10 model. At least to the Coolsky DC9 standard. Currently the only decent VC10 model is David Maltby's free one. There is a payware model but it is a travesty being totally innacurate and therefore a waste of money.

I'm in the middle of doing a massive panel update for DM's model which will appear in the avsim library hopefully in the next couple of weeks. If you can bear having at least 50 items in the pre-flight check alone then it's for you lol :smile:

What did you think of PF3 the ATC programme? You can hear more if you go to part1 departing from Sanya.

Currently the only decent VC10 model is David Maltby's free one. There is a payware model but it is a travesty being totally innacurate and therefore a waste of money.

I'm in the middle of doing a massive panel update for DM's model which will appear in the avsim library hopefully in the next couple of weeks. If you can bear having at least 50 items in the pre-flight check alone then it's for you lol

I think the steam-gauges are too much stress for me. Flying a 3-crew flight deck all by myself, well I know it's fun because it's challenging, but when I get home from work what I don't want to do is having to "work" some more, haha.

I do however enjoy watching videos of these planes a lot and admire the people who have the patience and skills to fly them! So if you finish your model please continue uploading more videos! I was watching your flight to Hong Kong and it reminded me of this other flight on a 747 Classic. It's even the same INS. I saw how you input the waypoints on both INSs, on the video of the Virgin 747 the Captain explains at some point that they only need to input the waypoints into one system with the "REMOTE" function enabled.

What did you think of PF3 the ATC programme? You can hear more if you go to part1 departing from Sanya.

In all honesty, I didn't pay much attention to it at first. I usually fly either online with IVAO ATC or offline with no ATC and no AI traffic at all. I reviewed part 1 again and did find it interesting, definitely much better than default ATC, but I couldn't judge it either because I've never used ATC programs.

Jaime Beneyto

I think the steam-gauges are too much stress for me. Flying a 3-crew flight deck all by myself, well I know it's fun because it's challenging, but when I get home from work what I don't want to do is having to "work" some more, haha.

I do however enjoy watching videos of these planes a lot and admire the people who have the patience and skills to fly them! So if you finish your model please continue uploading more videos! I was watching your flight to Hong Kong and it reminded me of this other flight on a 747 Classic. It's even the same INS. I saw how you input the waypoints on both INSs, on the video of the Virgin 747 the Captain explains at some point that they only need to input the waypoints into one system with the "REMOTE" function enabled.

In all honesty, I didn't pay much attention to it at first. I usually fly either online with IVAO ATC or offline with no ATC and no AI traffic at all. I reviewed part 1 again and did find it interesting, definitely much better than default ATC, but I couldn't judge it either because I've never used ATC programs.

My INS system also has the "remote" function but because I am inputting via ADEU cards (as used by Concorde) I have to individually input. Nowadays with GPS fixes every ten feet one would need a crew memeber solely for inputting the INS so ADEU cards are useful. I personaly prefer the analogue instruments It stops me getting fixed in one part of the screen. Flyinf without the aid of an FMC isn't difficult. My model is also equiped with a sextant for celestial navigation. That actually works too!!!