Sign in to follow this  
seodave

IRIS Jabiru, FSUIPC, SPAD & Saitek ... oh my

Afternoon everyone!

Wow, been a while since posting here. I've got back on the FSX wagon and I've completed my home cockpit (very basic compared to many but I've done it)

You can see it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h10i9t6eesuhamd/20160321_141947.jpg?dl=0

Anyway, I'm enjoying it. I've recently installed the Iris Simulations Jabiru J-160 and I'd like to hook up my Saitek switch panel with the panel of the aircraft. However, they use custom variables and for the life of me I cannot get the panel to work. I've emailed David/support at Iris but no reply just yet. I'm using:

> SPAD to assign a 'virtual joystick' and button which is sent to FSUIPC

> Assign the "toggle elect fuel pump' command (parameter = 1) from FSUIPC

I've got a joystick button working for opening and closing the fuel tap using FSUIPC and working well. But the buttons on the Saitek panel just aren't working. Remembering back a few years when I went through to the same thing with the Katana X the custom variables for that seemed to already be listed in the 'control list' on FSUIPC. However, I can't seem to find them for the Iris Jabiru. I can find them in the gauges folder within Steam's FSX objects folder but I have no idea how to import them (if that's even possible) into FSUIPC so I can assign them to particular button presses.

If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it as I'm slowly losing my mind!

Thanks very much everyone!

Dave