Sign in to follow this  
mr_gambler

GSX or ASN?

Hi Guys!

I want to buy a new Add-On for my Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition. But I don´t know, what is more important.

GSX or Active Sky Next. So it´s different but I dont know. Can you help me?

Sincerely

Mr_Gambler :smile:

ASN for sure, you want accurate world wide weather for flying. GSX is just something nice to have with helping you push back, taxi to the gate, and get nice screenshots sitting at the gate with all the service vehicles.

GSX is nice, but at the end it's just eye candy. I like it, but it doesn't change the way I conduct my flights. ASN creates a _much_ better weather environment. You actually have to pay attention to the weather en route while planning your flight, and you have to react to the weather while cruising.

So without a doubt: ASN is more important.

Peter

Easy - ASN.

Weather is much more important for immersion I would say. At least because the stock weather is just nothing. ASN does an awesome job!

Eyecandy like GSX could wait  :smile:

Have fun!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

ASN. Changes the sim entirely and has an game changing effect during the entire flight. GSX is only of use while on the ground. Personally, I don't like what GSX does at all: takes too much of my precious time.

In short: ASN.

Hey Guys!

Tank you for your Answers! I will get ASN!

Thank you!

If you haven't already bought it, it's worth getting the non-Steam version of ASN. As I understand it, the Steam version can only be used with FSX-SE whereas the normal version can be used with all versions of FSX and P3D. At the moment it's on offer from Simmarket and is only slightly more expensive than the Steam DLC version.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you haven't already bought it, it's worth getting the non-Steam version of ASN. As I understand it, the Steam version can only be used with FSX-SE whereas the normal version can be used with all versions of FSX and P3D. At the moment it's on offer from Simmarket and is only slightly more expensive than the Steam DLC version.

There's no such thing.  You buy ASN, you get FSX/FSX-SE and P3D versions.  FSX and FSX-SE is the same version of ASN - no difference.  P3D version is a different download.  Your license works on everything.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

There's no such thing. You buy ASN, you get FSX/FSX-SE and P3D versions. FSX and FSX-SE is the same version of ASN - no difference. P3D version is a different download. Your license works on everything.

Sorry, but according to Damian from Hifi (who should know), you're wrong. See post #2 in http://www.avsim.com/topic/476087-asn-as-steam-dlc-any-difference/ - to quote him "The ASN "Steam Edition" version supports only FSX:SE on Steam. It does not support Prepar3D, FSX Boxed, or any other simulator platforms/versions."

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Sorry, but according to Damian from Hifi (who should know), you're wrong. See post #2 in http://www.avsim.com/topic/476087-asn-as-steam-dlc-any-difference/ - to quote him "The ASN "Steam Edition" version supports only FSX:SE on Steam. It does not support Prepar3D, FSX Boxed, or any other simulator platforms/versions."

To explain better, if you purchase ASN thought steam then it's DLC and will only work on FSX:SE. If you purchase ASN from SimMarket or some other non-steam vendor then ASN will work on FSX, FSX:SE and P3D without extra purchases. So in other words, don't buy within steam. I bought ASN from SimMarket and it's fine in Steam. I can install it into P3D down the road if I make that transition.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I don't like what GSX does at all: takes too much of my precious time.

Can always  start  from the active  rwy  that will save  you some  precious  time :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Huh! I'll stand corrected then! I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong! Lol.

I had no idea that ASN was offered as a DLC on steam. I'm on P3D, so I haven't looked at steam in a while!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png